Which Mini PCI-e WIFI works ?

kmikase

5 posts in this topic

Hi, i post this topic even if it must has been asked several time. But i've seen so many topics which don't talk anymore of their main subject.

So, I have an Intel 4965 in my Asus laptop and i would like to change it.

So i'm looking for a Wifi (n) which will be recognized as an airport in Leopard and which will work in Vista.

I was thinking of an Atheros AR5008 or a Broadcom BCM4321 but i don't know if they we will be working

But may be you know some others. It's not a problem if there is some changes to do in the Kext, but i'd like something quite easy to install.

One more question, is the bluetooth integrated in the wireless card ? 'cause i don't want to loose it :)

Thanks

Sometimes my friend you just need to discover for yourself. Trial and error is the key to getting some of the best rigs out there. Thats what makes this OSx86 thing so much fun it's all the bull$@%t have to go through to make it work. I can say this with pride, when u do get everything to work you'll feel really good about it. You said you already have to cards in mind, well go pick them up from your nearest Best Buy/CompUSA and try them out. If they work then good for you If they don't then you can come back and ask some questions. Your more likely to get some help if you've made an effort and did some digging and trial yourself. No offense but I'm just speaking from personal experience. Hope this helps :)

Guest BuildSmart
Hi, i post this topic even if it must has been asked several time. But i've seen so many topics which don't talk anymore of their main subject.

So, I have an Intel 4965 in my Asus laptop and i would like to change it.

So i'm looking for a Wifi (n) which will be recognized as an airport in Leopard and which will work in Vista.

I was thinking of an Atheros AR5008 or a Broadcom BCM4321 but i don't know if they we will be working

But may be you know some others. It's not a problem if there is some changes to do in the Kext, but i'd like something quite easy to install.

One more question, is the bluetooth integrated in the wireless card ? 'cause i don't want to loose it :P

Thanks

Your topic is incorrect, it should read miniPCIe cause PCIe implies a desktop system.

As far as I know, the intel 4965 cards don't have integrated bluetooth.

If your BIOS does not white-list wifi cards then you can use whatever you want, yes, real apple cards work in vista and are hassle free.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for.

thank you BuildSmart for your answer. I didn't know if bluetooth was integrated with the wifi or not. Yes, my bad i should have precise Mini Pci-e :ninja:

Hagar you might be an administrator, your answer is really stupid and i would have understand something like that from everybody but an administrator. The guy who change the topic origin now is you. So please don't take your administrator role too important and don't post useless answer.

And maximus i would say the same thing as Hagar, useless answer.