Dv6135nr and broadcom wireless card

yaktownboii

8 posts in this topic

Guest BuildSmart
I have a dv6135nr and I'm done with my installation. Everything is fine except for the wireless...no surprise. I have the intel 3945 and I'm wondering if anybody knows if the dell 1390 or the 1490 minicard will work with this computer. Thanks

Before you can swap out the card you need to determine if it is miniPCI or miniPCIe.

Does your HP laptop use a white-lising BIOS if so then you need to find if HP already has a card that will work or a patched BIOS that removes the white-list (preferred).

If white-listing is not involved in your BIOS or you're using a patched BIO and your laptop uses a miniPCIe card, why not just install a real apple 11n AirPort card and be done with it?

I have a HP dv9636eo and iwi3945abg, and at least my BIOS has a whitelisting system and needs a hacked BIOS, probably the same in the 6-series. At least I haven't found an easy fix, so I'm looking for a USB WLAN adapter that would work out of the box.

Offtopic: Any ideas for a USB adapter? :(

Guest BuildSmart
I have a HP dv9636eo and iwi3945abg, and at least my BIOS has a whitelisting system and needs a hacked BIOS, probably the same in the 6-series. At least I haven't found an easy fix, so I'm looking for a USB WLAN adapter that would work out of the box.

Offtopic: Any ideas for a USB adapter? :P

Stop high-jacking someone else's thread, since you are not contributing to this resolution of the issue you need to go start your own.

There is no need to clutter up this thread with the stupidity of cheap USB dongles when the poster is looking for a solution to his problem.

Actually, try using the search function, there are many threads that discuss cheap USB dongles, maybe you'll become one of those victims.

There is a white list and a patch. I just confused as to which card im supossed to nuse.. The broadcom is the cheaper route and the os reads it as a airport extreme card.
OK, so you must decide if you want to use a card from your white-list which will never have real AirPort functionality or use the patched BIOS and remove the white-list bondage and remove your wireless issues.

If you go the route of the patched BIOS, then you are free to use any AirPort card that fits in your laptop, you can re-brand the Dell 1505 11n Broadcom card to apple ID's since it's the exact same hardware or you can buy a real apple card and it doesn't have to be Broadcom based, even a re-branded gigabyte 11n Atheros card works properly, re-branding takes some knowledge and effort and is not for the inexperienced so perhaps you should stick to real apple cards to save your money cause re-branding is not very forgiving if you get it wrong.

The way I would want to go is patching the bios. I only read that the 6135 has a white list, I dont know how to find that on my own. I've been pouring over threads to find out but no luck. So will the white list tell me the cards that are compatible, when I figure out how to find it?

Guest BuildSmart
The way I would want to go is patching the bios. I only read that the 6135 has a white list, I dont know how to find that on my own. I've been pouring over threads to find out but no luck. So will the white list tell me the cards that are compatible, when I figure out how to find it?
Yes but I believe a patched BIOS is available for your laptop.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=120190 --- Patched F.58A BIOS and a link to the F.29 BIOS for dv6000 series. Enjoy!

Offtopic: Any ideas for a USB adapter? :whistle: