After Update to 10.5.5: System Profiler Strangeness

YourDrinkingHero

7 posts in this topic

I haven't had this happen on versions 10.5.1 to 10.5.4, but now that I am in 10.5.5, my processor, which is the Q6600 2.4Ghz Quad simply reads as 4Ghz Unknown. Also, when I look at the Hardware overview in System Profiler, it reads, "There was an error while gathering this information." What happened here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-YDH

I also had the same issues with upgrading to 10.5.5.

I replaced my current AppleSMBios.kext with the one found here.

After a reboot, my "About This Mac" showed I was back running 10.5.2 again. Doing a "Software Update" showed that "Mac OS X Update Combined 10.5.5" was new again.

I'm going to restore my last AppleSMBios.kext from Time Machine and see what happens after re-booting. I'll post my results when (fingers crossed) I'm back up...

Ok... I'm back up. I restored my last AppleSMBios.kext. My "About This Mac" still says 10.5.2. In my System Profiler, I'm now back to the same as YourDinkingHero's status. I have a X6800 which is 2.93 GHz showing up as 3.8 GHz C2D. I'm going to go ahead and run the 10.5.5 update again.

I know it is still early in the release of 10.5.5, but is anyone able to mod the AppleSMBios.kext like the earlier version was modded??

~ NJ