iATKOS 4i fully working (I think) except for the graphics

Ooze3d

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've got an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe mobo with a Q6600, 4Gb of RAM (G-Skill), WD 10000rpm 74Gb HDD and an ATI HD2900XT. JMicron controller disabled.

I tried to install iATKOS 4i (10.5.4) and everything goes fine. I always select a standard installation with ATI 2XXX and 3XXX drivers. It installs and loads but right after the grey apple screen, my screen goes black. Everything seems to work perfect besides the video problem (i.e. my pen tablet works). I tried installing without the ATI drivers and it constantly reboots when loading.

Is there anything I can do besides trying another release? This one's just so easy to install...

By the way, after the grey apple screen, just before it goes black, it shows funny colors for a second or two.

Anyway I think it boots just fine. Everything works besides the part where the grey screen disappears, but as I said I think it still works after that. It's just that the screen is black. Maybe I just have to change the hardware ID for the gfx card?

Ok, I realized I wasn't choosing any kernel option, just the standard installation plus gfx drivers, but now it's even worse. With the vanilla kernel it just reboots right after showing the Darwin/x86 boot screen and with the non-efi bootloader + TOH kernel it shows the "blahblah...plist" message.

Is it really so hard to install Leopard with my computer specs? I actually had Tiger installed fully working a few months ago.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=126457

This is exactly what's happening to me.