Creative X-fi platinum fatal1ty champion series source code

silvercool

8 posts in this topic

Looks like linux is the OS -- there are OSS and ALSA dirs.

and this:

/**

Confidential & Proprietary

Private & Confidential

Creative Confidential

*/

Hi, just want to ask. I use to have Linux before i find osx86. There is ALSA Dliver working under Linux. OSX and Linux are both unix base systems. Would be possible rebuild ALSA driver for OSX?

Every time there is talk of driver development, this question comes up. Every time, the answer is the same: No.

Porting drivers from linux to os x is a lot of work, otherwise, don't you think after 3 years, we'd all just be doing that?

:) Its time to do the math,

(Earlier response from kX Project) (-) (New waiting response from kX Project) (=) (Guess everyone) :)

almost once I got an xfi xtreme audio to work, I remember listening some clicking sounds and pop's with Osx86 but then crashed... was using solaris source code

I believe this code is from freebsd and its source code... written in C, so it cant be that different with mac os X since its derivated from bsd

.....and it's not like X-Fi makes any difference.. lol

lol I would fight you on that one. I reckon the x-fi cards are much much better and sound then the audigy. Of course good speakers always help and on most pc speakers you arnt going to notice much of a dif.... if any imo.

In my region, ZS series were impossible to find (I searched the market for 3 hours, visited more then 15 shops). The only available cards X-Fi and Audigy2 Value (which zucks). I was searching for Platinum series (to add extra liveDrive)

Yep, if you create music and listen pure formats, 192 Khz + 128 Voices is obviously greater then 96+64 offered in Audigy2 series but for me, Audigyxx is an outdated sound animal :) , we are suppose to upgrade and progress in future instead of downgrading! If X-Fi's are supported by kX, always better. I'm sure not even one dude here will spend on EMU10k if kx started supporting it and if it doesn't happen like now, only those hacintoshers who really want sound out will buy Audigy (but will not be too happy about it as they are buying old).

Buy off ebay or online ...

And if an Audigy is so limited, get a professional card (or even a pro-am card). No sound engineer would touch these {censored} SoundBlaster cards so I am not sure for what you are using this stuff. I hope you're not using it for any real sound work? SoundBlasters suck, period! Creative even managed to mess up Digital I/O when they had their digital inputs RE-SAMPLE all inputs to another frequency.