Desktop GMA950 - Users gather here - Report your experiences

Dr. Hurt

6 posts in this topic

After a lot of messing around with the stock (10.5.5) kexts, I have realized that the problem is that the stock AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext does not load (however gma950.kext loads with CI/QE but there are artifacts), which means it needs a proper natit to load it. The only way to get resolution changing is by using the old (1.4.20) AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext which also causes some (worse) artifacts. I also noticed that the gmax3100.kext loads (which I think should not be happening). I tried messing with the info.plist of the stock AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext in all possible ways to try to load it but no luck. I forced the gmax3100fb.kext to load and it did but still no resolution changing.

I would like to ask why the laptop version works with natit and the desktop does not?

Also, I'd like to kindly ask any developer/experienced person to develop a working natit to load the stock AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext on desktop gma950.

Users of desktop, please post your experience with the GMA950 (Working/not working-artifacts-versions of kexts-device ids....etc)

• 3 months later...

I know this thread is a few months old now, but I am getting a little frustrated with the artifacts..

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2772

Revision ID: 0x0002

Displays:

Display Connector:

Display:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

I am using default leopard kexts apart from the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, which is the old version as mentioned. I am only getting artifacts in some text boxes in carbon apps it seems. Apart from these artifacts everything runs perfectly.

Also, I'd like to kindly ask any developer/experienced person to develop a working natit to load the stock AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext on desktop gma950

Please!

Thanks..

I use an EFI string on my dual core Atom desktop system (GMA950), works like a charm, I know the glitches you speak of, and I haven't seen any of them with the EFI string. My kexts are 100% vanilla.

Would you mind telling us what revision ID your 950 has. and what EFI string you used? that would be fantastic.... :( I have 0x2772 device ID on my 950 and that seems to be the card thats causing the problems... :) I think I have the same mobo as you, but with the single core atom..