Bonjour not working

NeSuKuN

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I've recently re-installed my OS due to some problems I thought I had (I discovered that they were hardware problems T_T) and now, network services discovery (bonjour) doesn't work. I can't connect to shared iTunes libraries and I have to specify IPs to be able to mount shared folders.

I think that this is related to the way I installed, as I had no installation disk near, I copied my macbook's partition to my hackintosh (Vanilla capable) drive. when I first booted, I was able to see the old macbook ethernet and wireless card (not present but shown in the network panel) so I deleted them. And my hackintosh ethernet shown as eth2. Can anyone help me diagnosing and fixing this problem? I need to access my music from this computer!

I am in the same boat. Bonjour tends to work only randomly. Most of the time it is fine, but sometimes the service will simply stop working. I had one job for a printer sitting in queue for 2 days before it started to print on its own. Noticed it happening in 10.5.2-10.5.5.

Are you using a Realtek based on-board network card (RTL8168, RTL8111, RTL8169, RTL8101) by any chance?

I got Bonjour working on my HackMac by installing the R1000 kext from sourceforge. Recently I upgraded to the one that can be downloaded from Psystar (They improved it a bit).

Link: http://www.psystar.com/realtek_r1000_driver.html