Backups using iTunes 8

Rufus T. Firefly

30 posts in this topic

Well now I ran into another problem

appearently i can backup with iTunes but some applications crash on me

Perhaps it's due to wrong permission on the mobileinstallation file.

I was wondering what gets backuped anyway?

AFAIK MobileInstallation only runs when you sync Applications to you iPhone, not when running them, since iPhones can run "cracked" apps after update of firmware and before new patched MobileInstallation is placed.

Guides for MobileInstallation (patched) say "chmod 775".

It is possible that I set it to where it was 755 so I had what you had macgirl, the phone just vibrated but didn't fully boot up.

So I did a restore, quickpwn and replaced a previous saved mobileinstallation folder to the new one. Uploaded the 2.1 mobileinstallation file, set permissions to 775.

Now it seems to be backing up and not crashing. I don't know what made it crash a lot on some apps and others were fine.

so far so good though

Cool, goot to know.

Yes my iPhone didn't boot up completely, keeps in a loop vibrating, but fortunately I installed OpenSSH before MobileInstallation so I could connect and put back the original. Then I search for the new one.

My iPod touch is working just fine with it, no issues.

Also, macgirl, the mobileinstallation also runs when you install via appstore. It also tells iTunes to remove cracked apps after it tries to sync them. I have Spore cracked, and it wouldn't sync to my iPod until I installed the 2.1 cracked mobileinstallation. Then it synced up just fine.