Permanently stuck zoomed in @ about 30% Super strange!

L3P

5 posts in this topic

Sup everyone,

My hackentosh was working pretty flawlessly until this week. I have my machine hooked up to a 42" TV @1080P and use the zoom function quite a bit for reading small text on websites ect. For whatever reason I can't get the OS to zoom out past ~70% ( in other words, the OS is always zoomed in about 30%).

I have tried restarting, shutting down, creating a new account, going into the usability control panel. Nothing works! I am still zoomed in about 30%. I tried changing the resolution and that worked. I am now able to see my full desktop, but I am 1024x768... Any higher resolution i am automatically zoomed in about 30%! Super strange. My guess is that this zoom data has to be stored in a plist or some other config file (maybe the finder's?). Anyone have any ideas? This {censored} is killing me!

Thanks in advance!,

L3P

Okay guys,

I have a bit more info that might narrow this down. I remotely connected to my machine with screen sharing and I noticed that I did not have the zoom issue. So it looks like the zoom problem is directly related to the physically connected display. This leads me to think that there may be an issue with the video driver? I am using a ASUS 7200GS video card with nvInject. Is it crazy to think that this zoom issue has to do with nvInject? Tell if there is a configuration file I need to look that might be related to the zoom out problem... I was also thinking about reinstalling nvinject but I am not totally sure how to go about doing this. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hi,

If you said you tried creating a new user and it is doing the same thing in the other user, then this is a system wide issue.

I have seen this issue in real macs before and what you can do is to pull the User's Systempreferences.plist

which is in ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist but that is typically user specific, so another user wouldn't see this issue

but see if that helps first, if not maybe you were right about the nvinject driver