Two questions

parmaglenn

8 posts in this topic

Ok I am going to attempt to download and install iAtkos 4i on my dell dimension 2400 with a pci nividia geforce 6200 and an intel integrated graphics card. I have looked it up, and have found that the dell dimension 2400 is supported, but i can't find anything about a geforce 6200 pci card. So i was wondering if this will work with my computer? I was also wondering if Apple will track my ip address and sew me or something simalar? Thanks in advance :-)

According to the HCL your video card worked on 10.4.8, but that is no guarantee it will work in 10.5/ It certaintly can't do any harm to try. As far as Apple hunting you down, I'll give you a hint: this forum has been around since 2005, would it still be here if there were any danger?

1. Geforce 5200 PCI is supported so shouldn't be a problem with 6200 PCI.

2. Even if Apple track your IP Address, they are tolerating the hobbyists as osx86 is not mainstream yet. They have only gone after psystar so far as they were trying to commercialize the osx86 project

Thanks for the advice viscaria and gujal what you have said makes sense. any more comments on the issue of support would be appreciated. Also are these systems stable enough to use as a main box? And programs like ilife 08 which require certain proccesors like the G* whatever or core2 duo, do these app's work on pentium 4s? thanks