Dual boot XP, Leopard

csn_pilot

3 posts in this topic

I have Retail OS X 10.5.4 with pc efi v8 and mbr partition table. With my old Uphuck 10.4.9, I had a darwin bootloader with a prompt, with which I could boot any partition which I selected, Windows or OS X. Now, when I boot up my computer, all that it says is:

Loading Darwin/x86

Using AppleSmbios (here)

Can I install the prompt-style loader, keeping my vanilla pc efi mbr, so that I can boot Windows XP without installing Ubuntu for the GRUB loader (I have tried editing boot.ini with chain0 and boot_v8, as well as wingrub; both did not load, though I followed instructions exactly (windows says device not configured correctly))

Also, how can I keep the time in sync between windows and os x. Before, they would both be several hours off, even though I kept the same time zone, etc.

Please help

I use gptsync to sync my gpt table t a mbr table on the same drive. It is a feature of guid that the first 4 partions can be synced to a master boot reacord. The only small trouble is once you sync the mbr there are no changes made to the mbr only the gpt. So if you resize partions alot you have to resync the mbr. Anyway this allows you to use the chain0 method with xp and still use a vanillia kernel because your drives are formated guid and mbr.