Macdrive....

firehearth

4 posts in this topic

:)

Ok heres an experience I hope I can help ppl to avoid..... I use macdrive in my XP dual booting laptop because many of the files I use them part in Win part in Mac, also the designers send me mac read only disks so Macdrive is usefull.... any way, when first appeared the booting DVd of mac I said "wel lest give it a try, they say I need to format my mac disk ot make a clean instalation right?" so I used the macdrive to format the partition...WORST MISTAKE I COULD DO!!! instantly I got a Blue screen of death and this time was an automatical rigor mortis for my partitions. Both of them got the HEX numbers scrambled on the partition table so nor windows nor mac would boot, tried a lot of tools to get back my partitions but the info got also scrambled.... and so I formatted AAAALLLLLL of it again and reinstall XP and Mac from 0, all my info went Fruit-loops and I lost a month of design work (I was doing my back up that moment)

So to anyonw thats using macdrive DONT FORMAT USING MACDRIVE

:withstupid:

MACDRIVE doesn´t recognize my MAC HFS+ HD on XP. It is not a partition, is a full HD dedicated to OSX, but it appears in my device manager.

Good tip, sorry about your problems! I used the Mac Disk Utility to partition & format, then reformatted my Win HD with the Windows disk.

But you don't want to format the Mac HD from Windows, because that is where the EFI module that dual boots your computer lives.

But for everyday tasks, I've been able to use MacDrive on my Windows partition to add my iTunes library, share documents back & forth, etc. with no problems.