The build

7 posts in this topic

I dont see any point that my other 2 threads got deleted

Here I go again then and wait for this to be deleted again (this time tell me why)

I want to build a hackintosh for around 300-400 I know its very doable

I seen some build but they seem to be outdated

Basically I am looking for the motherboard and good graphics card that would work

Nvidia prefered

Same here,

I posted questions about ASUS motherboards and the posts 'disappeared'

What's the point of this forum if it's only to be populated by frustrated 'geniuses' who are sick of reading 'noob' questions?

The HCL (Hardware Compatibility List) wiki needs serious updating as technology always keeps marching on.

It's like finding a needle in a haystack.

http://osx86library.com/ is a great idea (simplifies building a Hack), but its not getting the support

from the OSX86 community.

I'm a longtime lurker (see my registration number) and I've been seeing this type

of behaviour for awhile.

What's the point of this forum if it's only to be populated by frustrated 'geniuses' who are sick of reading 'noob' questions?

The HCL (Hardware Compatibility List) wiki needs serious updating as technology always keeps marching on.

http://osx86library.com/ is a great idea (simplifies building a Hack), but its not getting the support

from the OSX86 community.

Seriously, most 'frustrated' geniuses have left this board because of this 'noise'. Many developers and those who have experience also. osx86library and hcl contains all the needed information. But nothing comes for free. You have to go through the information yourself (if you want the perfect finetuned system, yes that would be the needle in the haystack because there is no such hack) and compare and try. Most active member also post their rig in the sig, thats a clue as well.

But please don't expect others to do the hard work...

Seriously, most 'frustrated' geniuses have left this board because of this 'noise'. Many developers and those who have experience also. osx86library and hcl contains all the needed information. But nothing comes for free. You have to go through the information yourself (if you want the perfect finetuned system, yes that would be the needle in the haystack because there is no such hack) and compare and try. Most active member also post their rig in the sig, thats a clue as well.

"Nothing comes for free"?

It's building computers. Lemme get this straight, you probably also add those "Car Balls" on the real axle of your "Shaggin' Wagon"

But please don't expect others to do the hard work...

It's a basic fact: Many people would like to get a Hack, they just don't want to deal with the technical issues or the POLITICS involved in it.

That's why the Internet succeeded while Fidonet failed. People just want the information with the LEAST AMOUNT OF HASSLE.

Get it? No? Too bad.

Hey have you checked the osx86 wiki for HCL list? I know it is outdated but it has most stuff updated except the motherboards becauz most ppl are not bothered to update the wiki. U can try my setup ( in my signature - but wont show in 'lo-fi' mode)! It all depends on the chipset and the codec of ur hardware.

Hey have you checked the osx86 wiki for HCL list? I know it is outdated but it has most stuff updated except the motherboards becauz most ppl are not bothered to update the wiki. U can try my setup ( in my signature - but wont show in 'lo-fi' mode)! It all depends on the chipset and the codec of ur hardware.

The HCL is unreliable.

Example: ASUS P5K motherboards are fine, but the P5Q is hell to deal with. The HCL doesn't address this.

When you are building a Hack, you CANNOT OPERATE ON ASSUMPTIONS.

The hardware & drivers forum is *not* for buying advice. Due to the overstretched moderating staff, trashing poorly defined, repeat or misplaced topics is an unavoidable necessity. If you are so inconsiderate as to post in the wrong place without doing everything you can to find information for yourself first, then deletion is to be expected. This forum is *not* here for you to post questions & sit back waiting for others to do your homework for you. It *is* a place for you to look up information for yourself, and ideally report back on your discoveries. Every time someone posts *yet another* "what should I get?" question it becomes harder for the next person to find the information because they have to wade through your topic as well. There is no excuse for these topics, but to avoid the endless "someone deleted my topic" whines we allow them in the "buying guides ..." subforum. The least you can do is post in the right place. Not doing so simply demonstrates that you haven't bothered to do any reading.

[moved]