Installing iDeneb 10.5.4

alnova1

16 posts in this topic

I am installing 10.5.4 iDeneb on a asus P5K-VM motherboard. Intel Quad-core. It installs fine and then after reboot, The Apple Logo comes up and the wheel spins and the big no smoking sign appears over the apple. I had 10.5.2 before and it run great. Any Ideas?

I am having the same problem when try to reinstalls OSX86 with iDeneb, How did you format with GUID Partition ?

I had a working iAtkos installation with the video sleep problem and no lan and sound, so try iDeneb I got stucked at the apple gray screen just after the DVD boot.

Tia.

I am having the same problem when try to reinstalls OSX86 with iDeneb, How did you format with GUID Partition ?

I had a working iAtkos installation with the video sleep problem and no lan and sound, so try iDeneb I got stucked at the apple gray screen just after the DVD boot.

Tia.

I have used iDeneb 10.5.4 on my MBR partitioned system successfully (IMHO MBR generally works best for most people)......see my blog.......are you using v1 or v1.1....?

I am using IDeneb v1.1, I just try again formating using a WinXP NTFS MBR, without success.

It seems something in the HD has a conflict with any OSX86 installation ( I tried also with Kalyway, I got the same problem ).

Thank you for reply.

Best way is to boot off the iDeneb DVD and go into Disk Utility and partition the HDD as MBR then format the volume you want to install OS X to as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)......assuming you can successfully boot into the OS X installer?..... :)

This is my problem, can't boot into the OS X installer.

So how to prepare the HD to install again OSX, without the installer disk utility ?

Thanks,

When you boot from the DVD with -v what error messages are you getting?

verbose gives me:

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

I also got this:

Extension "com.Apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

I think, when I Installed iDeneb overwriting the iAtkos I mess something on my HD.

thanks.

verbose gives me:

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

I also got this:

Extension "com.Apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

I think, when I Installed iDeneb overwriting the iAtkos I mess something on my HD.

thanks.

Check your BIOS settings for options to set

AHCI [Enabled]

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]

ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]

ACPI Suspend Mode [s3] or [s1] or [s1 and S3]

as these are required for OS X.......

Also check this thread.......

I din't found those option in the D630 Bios setup:

The AHCI is enable.

I was looking at the bios, and checking the dell support website, I saw that my BIOS was old ( Version A04 ), so I update the bios to the last one ( Version A12 ).

After the Bios update, the OSX install DVD boots ok. I have no idea how a bios update solve my problem, I am very new to OSX86.

Now I have to decide which OSX86 I should try, I heard that iDeneb has lots of drivers maybe got my D630 fully working.

Thanks for your help.

I din't found those option in the D630 Bios setup:

The AHCI is enable.

I was looking at the bios, and checking the dell support website, I saw that my BIOS was old ( Version A04 ), so I update the bios to the last one ( Version A12 ).

After the Bios update, the OSX install DVD boots ok. I have no idea how a bios update solve my problem, I am very new to OSX86.

Now I have to decide which OSX86 I should try, I heard that iDeneb has lots of drivers maybe got my D630 fully working.

Thanks for your help.

Glad to help....... :angel:

I have not yet tried Leo4Allv4 or v4.1, or iATKOSv4.0i but based on my personal experience on the same MOBO and system (see my blog), I rate iDeneb v1.1 for 10.5.4 directly, or Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.4 via the Mysticus C*'s Updaters..... :blink:

yesterday, I tried to install iDeneb on my Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6 and it works, but they dont recognize my DVD-RW and the sata controller grom gigabyte (sil 5723).

Is there any driver to activate this sil 5723 ?

Not that I am currently aware of in this or other OS X x86 fora....... :) But glad to be proved wrong on this...... :)

after I change my optical drive from Samsung DVD-ROM (IDE) to Pioneer DVR212BK (SATA), I can read from my optical drive.

I wonder that I cant shut down my comp, but if I restart it ... this will reastart normaly ... but when I choose shutdown ... this comp still show the wallpaper like hang.

And, is that no way out to make my sil5723 (that contain 4 SATA/purple) work ?

after I change my optical drive from Samsung DVD-ROM (IDE) to Pioneer DVR212BK (SATA), I can read from my optical drive.

I wonder that I cant shut down my comp, but if I restart it ... this will reastart normaly ... but when I choose shutdown ... this comp still show the wallpaper like hang.

And, is that no way out to make my sil5723 (that contain 4 SATA/purple) work ?

When booting from the DVD boot with -v to see the error messages.......with no driver for Sil 5723 chipset for SATA HDDs you may have to use IDE (PATA) HDD.....