Both Cores NOT Recognized

The Sauce

9 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I've finally installed Kalyway 10.5.2 with only 2 things missing, Internet, which I don't think there anyone out there that's got it working OOB. And 2. Kaly does recognize my e6300 c2d 1.86ghz CPU, but DOESN'T recognize both cores or the fact that it's oc'd, which doesn't bother me, but the 2 cores thing does.

I've tried installing Kaly with Kabyl kernel, sleep, speed and nforce<--so far the only one that allows for a full installation, all others give me the boot loop and I don't know why if all the options and extras are pretty much selected as second nature to me.

I'm trying a vanilla kernel install now, but how do I get it to recognize both cores??

My specs are:

MoBo: MSI P6N SLI Platinum

C2D e6300

3gb ram <--fully recognized

XFX nVidia 8800GTS 512 <--working thanks to EFI V8

Realtek HD Audio ALC888 <--working OOB

You might want to try the StageXNU kernel. It is supposed to fix that exact issue. It did for me. Both of your cores are probably working. Just go in to utilities and start Activity Monitor. If you see 2 CPU Usage boxes, you're fine.

I did install the new kernel and I'm happy to say that I now have Kalyway 10.5.4!!!!!!! But...still need cpus=1 flag to get in otherwise I just get a boot loop. I also tried idlehalt=0 cpus=2 and nothing.

Halpz!!

Hey All,

I've finally installed Kalyway 10.5.2 with only 2 things missing, Internet, which I don't think there anyone out there that's got it working OOB. And 2. Kaly does recognize my e6300 c2d 1.86ghz CPU, but DOESN'T recognize both cores or the fact that it's oc'd, which doesn't bother me, but the 2 cores thing does.

I've tried installing Kaly with Kabyl kernel, sleep, speed and nforce<--so far the only one that allows for a full installation, all others give me the boot loop and I don't know why if all the options and extras are pretty much selected as second nature to me.

I'm trying a vanilla kernel install now, but how do I get it to recognize both cores??

My specs are:

MoBo: MSI P6N SLI Platinum

C2D e6300

3gb ram <--fully recognized

XFX nVidia 8800GTS 512 <--working thanks to EFI V8

Realtek HD Audio ALC888 <--working OOB

Have you flashed your MOBO with the Kabyl modded BIOS.....