The third error, Still waiting for root device

Justingraziano

3 posts in this topic

Well, I have a Dell 1.5GHz P4 PC and am trying to install the iDeneb V1 10.5.4 OS X on it. Installation works fine with no problems except at the end it takes a while to finish (says "About 2 Minutes" for about 15 minutes). The first time I installed it, it went into an infinite restart loop. I realized this was because I forgot to select a kernel when installing so I reinstalled and selected a kernel. The second install it started booting and froze on the Apple logo with a kernel panic (dont remember what the panic said). So, I reinstalled again with a few different options and a different kernel. Now, the Apple logo comes up but after about a minute of the little spinner spinning a tiny (/) appears in the middle of the Apple logo so I restarted it while holding down -V and it says "Still waiting for root device". I tried reinstalling again but it does the same thing (even with a different kernel, the last that's compatible with my SSE2 cpu so now I have no other kernels to try). I tried reversing the DVD and HD connectors thinking if it could boot the DVD drive then maybe ti would boot the HD if it were on the other connector, but nope. What should I do?

Well, I have a Dell 1.5GHz P4 PC and am trying to install the iDeneb V1 10.5.4 OS X on it. Installation works fine with no problems except at the end it takes a while to finish (says "About 2 Minutes" for about 15 minutes). The first time I installed it, it went into an infinite restart loop. I realized this was because I forgot to select a kernel when installing so I reinstalled and selected a kernel. The second install it started booting and froze on the Apple logo with a kernel panic (dont remember what the panic said). So, I reinstalled again with a few different options and a different kernel. Now, the Apple logo comes up but after about a minute of the little spinner spinning a tiny (/) appears in the middle of the Apple logo so I restarted it while holding down -V and it says "Still waiting for root device". I tried reinstalling again but it does the same thing (even with a different kernel, the last that's compatible with my SSE2 cpu so now I have no other kernels to try). I tried reversing the DVD and HD connectors thinking if it could boot the DVD drive then maybe ti would boot the HD if it were on the other connector, but nope. What should I do?

What the heck this is just like the nearest slot-machine !

Well it isn't pal ! A liitle study and some more reading makes you understand what in fact you are doing !

One tip for ya: try the latest Leo4All distro for AMD and install all non-efi options. Guaranteed to work as I'm sending this from a leopard install on an AMD SSE2 rig....

Goodluck ! :)