OSX not booting after installation

spidy333

6 posts in this topic

Hi friends,

Delighted by Mac, I tried to install OSX86 on my dell laptop with the latest iAtkos v4i disk. :D

The installation went smooth in which I erased the entire disk using partition utility provided in the disk. and created one 20gb partition for OSX and rest as free space.

The installation went smooth and completed successfully. :D

But real problem comes here...

OSX wont boot... I just see a black screen with cursor blinking (probably waiting for boot). :(

My laptop is Dell Inspiron E1505 with Intel Solo Core. I guess I am doing something wrong in installation as the installation is perfectly smooth.

I have also attached my install log file also.

Any solutions for this problem...?

Installer_Log_7_Sep_2008.txt

Never mind.... I got it working... :angel:

I installed some unnecessary driver it seems...Intel VGA....

but now my sound is not working after a successful installation.... ;)

I selected stock files and kernel when installing this time... not sure whether this is causing the sound problem....

And my sound card is integrated type and I use sigmatel drivers when installing in windows...can anyone help me in this regard...

Hi friends,

Delighted by Mac, I tried to install OSX86 on my dell laptop with the latest iAtkos v4i disk. :D

The installation went smooth in which I erased the entire disk using partition utility provided in the disk. and created one 20gb partition for OSX and rest as free space.

The installation went smooth and completed successfully. :)

But real problem comes here...

OSX wont boot... I just see a black screen with cursor blinking (probably waiting for boot). :(

My laptop is Dell Inspiron E1505 with Intel Solo Core. I guess I am doing something wrong in installation as the installation is perfectly smooth.

I have also attached my install log file also.

Any solutions for this problem...?

Your added installer log is useless as it provides no clue for the present error. You should provide a current bootlog !

I guess however that you have installed a wrong bootloader try non-efi one !

suc6!

edit: oh I see you got it working ! Goodonyou...

Hey,

Try this sound driver, it got my Sigmatel sound working.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=97201

Worth a try...

But my sound is still not working... I have also tried the AppleHDAPatcher and some STAC9205 dumps provided in some other topic.....

After I use HDAPatcher, even the sound icon is not coming up after I reboot....

Does anyone having the same system got the sound working..?