DualBoot Vista and Kalyway 1.5.1 problem

4 posts in this topic

hi guys i need help concerning my dual boot

to install OS X Leo, i shrinked my Vista x64 Ultimate partition to about 20 gb. and i created a raw partition.

then i booted into OS X dvd and installed and patched according to my needs. restart.i choose MBR partition.

Now when i set my harddrive as first boot device, i get a black screen with a constant blinking "underscore" at the top left corner of my screen and the HDD light is always on and nothing happens.

When i set the OS X DVD as first boot device, i got the "press (F8)" darwin startup screen , and when i press F8 , i only have the DVD choice.

But if i press nothing during the os x dvd boot screen, then it start's OS X perfectly without a problem.

So to resolve my Harddrive boot problem, i use the "-s"

fdisk -e /dev/disk0

flag 1 (vista partition)

update

write

quit

reboot

booted into Vista DVD and repaired the startup errors.

now it doesn't give me the choice between vista and osx, it simply ignores osx and boot directly to vista.

so my problem is that if i want to use osx, i need to insert osx dvd then "-s"

fdisk -e /dev/disk0

flag 2 (osx partition)

update

write

quit

reboot

then boot again with osx DVD, wait the freaking 8 seconds again and finally boot to osx. and then set flag 1 again to boot into vista, pretty annoying. so if you guys could help me. that would be veeeery nice! thanks alot

thanks, it's a nice apps but i still have the same problem., when i select Mac OS X from the boot menu, i still get the black screen with the blinking underscore. i still need to use the osx dvd to boot into mac os x.

it's like if the osx installation had no boot menu....and i think that's why i need the disk's boot menu to use osx...

What do you think ?

i installed it on a HP pavillion dv9500t notebook (similar to 9700t)

i resolved my problem myself and it's a REALLLYY stupid error.

when i formatted my OSX partition, i named it as "Mac OS X" , without quotes. and i remembered that somewhere i saw that i should name my partition WITHOUT spaces like this "MacOSX" and euhm..... well now i see the usual OSX boot menu....lol, i don't need EasyBCD anymore since i repaired the Winload.exe error. i now use the Darwin Boot menu to log into Windows ans OSX. Thanks for your help anyway!