EVGA 780i Motherboard

Doraemon

52 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have the same hardware as Doraeman. I finally got mine to work with IPC 10.5.6 OSX version. I often got the waiting for root device error as well. To fix it, I had to unplug the SATA cable and use another port. Then this one too would not work then you have to do the same thing. A Pain in the backside but once it is installed it works.

The options I used to get it going were(I threw away my notes) Kernel, stage xnu

DOn't select any VGA or sound or network drivers. Add them later.

I don't know if it helped but I added the USB mount fix and the firewire mount fix(selectable in the menu)

Hopefully this helps. Again, we have the same MB, CPU and graphics card. My sound, graphics and network all work. In fact, I am typing using OSX now.

Rod

Oh yeah, I earlier tried Kaly, and IATKOS with no luck. I tried every option with IATKOS for a couple weeks.

Gummee,

What chipset driver and Kernel did you use? Im able to install and then it says restart, so i restart, Apple screen appears but hangs up with what I'm calling a "Not Alllowed" (circle with a slash through center), I used the 9.5 Voodoo Kernel could this cause it?

Im in the process of re installing after a Erase of the disk and trying it with no drivers selected. My BIOS is as the Post from MC*

Any ideas?

Comp config.

780i

Q6600 dual core

9800GX2 Video card

4gb Ram

IDE DVD drive and Sata II 1tb hard drive, (formatted with no windows present)

Also Kalyway 10.5.2 worked perfectly for the exception of the onboard LAN but really want to get all my drivers and I see only iPC has them so this is why I'm trying. (LAN,Chipset, Video for 9800)

Thanks for any responses!!!

Im using iPc 10.5.6 Universal Final with an Extension from Nick..

Doraemon ....check out this extension it fixed my "waiting for device error" it the last unofficial one. http://######.com/ipcosx86/?page_id=169

Gummee,

What chipset driver and Kernel did you use? Im able to install and then it says restart, so i restart, Apple screen appears but hangs up with what I'm calling a "Not Alllowed" (circle with a slash through center), I used the 9.5 Voodoo Kernel could this cause it?

Im in the process of re installing after a Erase of the disk and trying it with no drivers selected. My BIOS is as the Post from MC*

Any ideas?

Comp config.

780i

Q6600 dual core

9800GX2 Video card

4gb Ram

IDE DVD drive and Sata II 1tb hard drive, (formatted with no windows present)

Also Kalyway 10.5.2 worked perfectly for the exception of the onboard LAN but really want to get all my drivers and I see only iPC has them so this is why I'm trying. (LAN,Chipset, Video for 9800)

Thanks for any responses!!!

Im using iPc 10.5.6 Universal Final with an Extension from Nick..

Doraemon ....check out this extension it fixed my "waiting for device error" it the last unofficial one. http://######.com/ipcosx86/?page_id=169

Check out my Series 7 nForce + intel CPU chipset thread......see posts from/to Metallica35....