Cheap working Firewire

veamon

7 posts in this topic

I'm looking at adding a cheap firewire card, and am wondering if anyone has one here that was pretty much plug and play.

Look in my sig the card works great.

Edit: Also if you have an Audigy sound card with a firewire port on it that works as well, plus there is a beta driver for the sound here on the forum.

I have a VIA VT 6307 PCI board, but not works. Not DV siginal for my Final Cut Studio 2 or After Effects or Premire CS3 with my DV cam.

VIA VT6307 is the chipset present in most of motherboards with IEE1394 onboard, and i see various sucess cases with this configuration.

Why my PCI card not works?

PS.:

-in Windows XP, works perfectly in various apps

-my motherboard is Gigabyte 965P DS3

-Kalyway 10.5.2 + Kalyway combo 10.5.3

I have a VIA VT 6307 PCI board, but not works. Not DV siginal for my Final Cut Studio 2 or After Effects or Premire CS3 with my DV cam.

VIA VT6307 is the chipset present in most of motherboards with IEE1394 onboard, and i see various sucess cases with this configuration.

Why my PCI card not works?

PS.:

-in Windows XP, works perfectly in various apps

-my motherboard is Gigabyte 965P DS3

-Kalyway 10.5.2 + Kalyway combo 10.5.3

VIA is always problematical.

I have a single-chip VIA (Firewire + USB) card which works in my G31/ICH7 machines, but doesn't work in my P35/ICH9 macine.

I have a two-chip VIA (same interfaces) card which works in my P36/ICH9 machine, and also works in my others, including my G4s.

The TI chip sets seems to have the fewest problems, IMHO.