Installs OK but does not boot?

lost123

9 posts in this topic

Hey

Iv been tring to Install 10.5.2 on my PC and just cant manage to boot to it. I can go to the installer fine but first had some problems with my partitions.Basically i couldnt get the diskutility to erase the partition i had set out of OSX(through GParted) so i ended up makng three primary partitions: 1 for XP, 1 for data, and 1 for OSX(duel booting by the way). It took me forever but Iv installed OSX like 4 times now(even without any drivers) and it installes fine but when booting it always seems to hang at: localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd["some number here"] Starting, no matter what options i boot with...there is also some message about the DNSResponder or something along those lines...

some one please help??

heres my specs:

Mobo:Asus P5P800S 

CPU: Intel Celeron D 2.66Ghz

Graphics:Geforce2 MX/MX400

LAN: Realtek RTL8139

I have read various threads on this issue but there hasnt been any solutions to it so please someone help me out??  :blink::D:):)

Hi

2 things you need to do;

1. Make OSX your active partition (and if this doesn't work then do 1 & 2)

2. Reinstall OSX. But this time use the Disk Utility tool on the OSX Installation DVD to format it to the following:Mac OSX Extended (Journalled)

Tell me how it goes,

Panarchy

thanks for the reply but i had followed this Simple_Dual_Boot guide and had already made osx the active partition(i think)...and also reinstalled a couple of times with no sucess(and did format as a Mac OSX Extended Journalled)... Ill try again when i get time but till then are there any other resons why i moght be getting stuck at this message?

thanks