Jas 10.5.4 install not booting on HP laptop, installation perfect. Help.

Sanad

11 posts in this topic

Just installed Jas 10.5.4 Server build and it installed beautifully but it isnt booting. I partitioned the drive as MBR and Mac OS Journaled and then named it leopard and installed on that partition. Now when the pc boots, it asks me to choose the partition to boot from. choose leopard then it turns off and restarts. It doesnt go past that! Anywhere i went wrong? Some command i need to enter or something? Please help.

I tried this after opening terminal from boot cd;

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

flag 1

update

write

quit

Still not booting. Goes to grey apple screen and reboots. I have 3 partition. two 7 gb each and one 62gb. One of the 7 gb is mac os journaled and mbr. I reinstalled leopard on it and did the above procedure as well. No use. What dyou guys suggest i do?

Earlier you said it keeps rebooting and now you say it stays at Grey Screen forever?

If it is the latter boot with "-f -v" without the quotes and see where it gets stuck.

-f makes it rebuild kext cache

-v makes it boot in verbose mode, so you can see error messages

when i installed first, i used vanilla kernel and it restarted. Now i used the toh kernel and it stops at grey screen. Tried -f and -v. It stops at black screen. My laptop is single core 1.8 ghz pentium M. So its sse 2 or 3? What drivers should i choose before install?

Okay same thing happened to me with jas install. Make sure that when you install you select the correct S-ATA drivers. That should fix it. Experiment with the install. Good luck.

btw, for me it was the Intel Ichx/Pixx SAta Driver. I pretty much picked anything that had to do with. ICH and Sata because i know my mobo is ICH6.