iAtkos stuck at apple booting screen

woolly

8 posts in this topic

I managed to install iAtkos 1.0 with the BadBios patch on the following hardware:

Asus P4C800 mobo

P4 2.8GHZ with HT enabled

Geforce 4 MX 440

2GB of RAM

with these options:

SSE2+SSE3 kernel

Titan nVidia driver

But when the system boots up for the 1st time, it loads and then it gets stuck at the Apple booting screen and I see the apple logo forever and eventually it freezes.

I tried also installing with no VGA driver checked at all and it doesn't freeze, but the screen just goes blank.

Does anyone have any ideas how might I get this working? Is my hardware compatible? I have gotten to work with 10.4 before and I am just having trouble with 10.5 ;)

I managed to install iAtkos 1.0 with the BadBios patch on the following hardware:

Asus P4C800 mobo

P4 2.8GHZ with HT enabled

Geforce 4 MX 440

2GB of RAM

with these options:

SSE2+SSE3 kernel

Titan nVidia driver

But when the system boots up for the 1st time, it loads and then it gets stuck at the Apple booting screen and I see the apple logo forever and eventually it freezes.

I tried also installing with no VGA driver checked at all and it doesn't freeze, but the screen just goes blank.

Does anyone have any ideas how might I get this working? Is my hardware compatible? I have gotten to work with 10.4 before and I am just having trouble with 10.5 ;)

This exact problem happens to me. On the first boot after installation, I see the Apple logo and the circle spinning indicating that it is loading. However after around 3-4 minutes or so I see the error sign that is a circle with a cross (/) This sign appears over the Apple symbol. It will remain like this indefinitely (I left my computer on for over an hour and it was still the same).

Dell Inspiron 530

Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz

3GB ram

ATI HD3870 512MB sapphire

i had Exact same error. (cross sign after boot) . at boot prompt, i gave this option to boot, "platform=x86pc -legacy -v" (without quotes ) and got Apple install screen and rest is history (installed everything sucessfully).

But for me it works when booting up the installation from the DVD. The installation shows no errors and appears to be successful.

It's the first boot without the DVD that I get stuck on the Apple logo with the cross sign.

Can anyone tell which format the partition should be? I'm actually on the same computer I am trying to get iATKOS 4i to work on. So I have one partition with Vista and another partition that I want to install OS X on.

• 2 months later...

I get the same thing. I tried "platform=x86pc -legacy -v" but it once again stucks on these 2 lines

localhost fseventsd[26]: event logs in /.fseventsd out of sync with volume. destroying old logs. (499 35 1028)

localhost fseventsd[26]: log dir: /.fseventsd getting new uuid: and a bunch of numbers and letters

and it stays there

I'm using iAtkos 4.1i, with a single HDD and DVD drive with only mac os x to boot.

any suggestions?

• 1 year later...
I had this problem too. I'm still looking for a solution. I really hope someone out there knows the answer. I will try what someone said earlier.

This happened to me a long time ago so I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct solution, but I think the problem was that during the installation I forgot to choose to install the Broadcom driver for my wireless adapter so there was no Internet connection which was required because the first time you boot after installation you need to make an account with Apple or some other setup thing.  I think another way to bypass this was to run your monitor's resolution at 640x480, if you do that then it will skip the first-time boot setup.

I had this problem over a year ago though so I'm not sure if that's right.  I did eventually get it working and I should've posted back in this thread when I did.  I hope this helps and I'm pretty sure that was the problem for me just not 100% sure.

edit: or that could have been the solution for a problem I was having with the Kalyway distribution

I HAD this problem, but solved it. I cannot say with any certainty this fix will work with your hardware, but it solved the problem you described for me.

Boot with CPUS=0

Also, use -v so that the script will show and possibly explain what is going on.

edit: I used iAtkos v7, not v1

Good luck