Need help installing Leopard on a Dell Inspiron 1525

Brennagan

17 posts in this topic

I have a dell inspiron 1525 and i wanted to install leopard so i downloaded and burned kalyway 10.5.2 and iatkos v4i and changed my bios settings to boot from cd now all it does is take a bit longer to boot with a little flashing "_" and then still boots windows vista just fine. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.

pls give a screen {censored} or video on youtube would be better.

awat exactly do u do to boot from cd?? could you explain.. if not try pressing f8 after selecting boot from cd. then type -v....reply

I press F2 (since its dell) to enter bios and then i moved my boot from cd/dvd/ and everything to the first slot and then i save and exit and it shows a black screen with a little "_" at the top and then eventually boots up vista anyways

try this:

After passing the bios screen keep pressing f8. if it brings u to darwin menu good. If not sounds like a faulty dvd to me. Try using a different brand and burn at lower speeds

If i press F8 then it shows me the Advanced Boot options and i burned the dvd at 8x with poweriso like it said. The options in this menu are:

Repair Your Computer

Safemode

Safemode with Networking

Safemode with Command Prompt

Enable Boot Logging

Enable low-resolution video (640-480)

Last Knowwn Good Configuration (advanced)

Directory Services Restore Mode

Debugging Mode

Disable automatic restart on system failure

Disable Driver Signature Enforcemnet

Start Windows Normally

Thanks btw for all the help im sure ill get it to work eventually XD

those are the vista options...what do you press on a dell 1525 to get a boot menu...is it f10?? try press f10...if you get a boot menu select cd/dvd...normally it is recommended to burn the dvd at 4x

• 4 weeks later...