Random System Freeze!

ASNNetworks

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone...

I have a problem...My hackintosh randomly freezes:S I don't know what might be the cause..These are my specs..

Motherboard: Asus P5N-D nForce 750i

CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz

Graphics Card: XFX 8800GT (Alpha Dog XXX Edition)

RAM: 3GB DDR2@800Mhz (I only use 2GB(maxmem=2048) because I get kernel-panics)

HDD: 160GB SATA

DVD/CD: Samsung

LAN1: nForce network controller

LAN2: Realtek 8139

I use the Realtek 8139 for internet, I read that nForce internet would't work, so I bought the Realtek..I used 4 distro's! iAtkos v1.0ir3, iAtkos v2, iAtkos v4 and Kalyway 10.5.2

I couldn't use my 8800GT with iAtkos v1.0ir3..When I installed the kext, I got a kernel-panic..And the other three distro's worked fine..Video worked, LAN worked, CPU, RAM..But after some time, it just freezes..It happens randomly..Sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after an hour..I doesn't matter what program i run..I didn't freeze with video editing software once, but then if froze the other time..Same thing for iTunes, and other programmes...I can't move the mouse when it freezes and I have to do a hard-shutdown..

I really don't know what causes this...is it my motherboard? CPU? GPU, or a combination of things..

I REALLY hope someone can help me with this...I have this problem for a month or two now...And I am forced to go back to Vista...I need Leopard back until I get a Mac Pro..

All help and suggestions are welcome:)

• 2 months later...