How to disable Mirror Displays!

Paween

12 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

System Preferences -> Display -> Arrangement -> uncheck Mirror Displays checkbox. The setting should be saved just fine. If you've set Mirror Displays but the dialog now opens on a second screen that for some reason doesn't show picture, disconnect the external monitor, then check the checkbox "Show display menu" option in Displays and you'll have a display icon in the top toolbar that you can click and turn mirroring off. Don't know if that'll help.

Actually 'System Preferences -> Display -> Arrangement' appears only after you connect the second screen, and if you selected mirror display setting (and didnt work; so basically you dont see a thing) it will load up right after you connect the 2nd monitor, and again you wont see a thing to be able to change the settings....

You could try pluggin another screen and see if that resets the dual screen settings,

Another option is try playing around with switchResX. With this app you can choose the screensets in forehand... then load them with a keyboard shorcut or expose

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue here and I found another solution. Actually, use SwitchResX seams to be the simplest way, but I've just forgot it...

I use an AppleScript that open system pref. > displays > and uncheck "mirror display" (dono why I check this early...)

Here is the link source [link]http://forums.msiwind.net/mac/how-you-turn-mirror-off-t6266.html[/link]

and here is the code source:

tell application "System Preferences"
  activate
  reveal anchor "displaysArrangementTab" of pane id "com.apple.preference.displays"
  tell application "System Events"
  tell application process "System Preferences"
	 tell window 1
		tell group 1 of tab group 1
		   click checkbox "Mirror Displays"

end tell
	 end tell
  end tell
  end tell
end tell

Thanx for remind me about SwitchResX is so cool!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I have the same issue here and I found another solution. Actually, use SwitchResX seams to be the simplest way, but I've just forgot it...

I use an AppleScript that open system pref. > displays > and uncheck "mirror display" (dono why I check this early...)

Here is the link source [link]http://forums.msiwind.net/mac/how-you-turn-mirror-off-t6266.html[/link]

and here is the code source:

tell application "System Preferences"
  activate
  reveal anchor "displaysArrangementTab" of pane id "com.apple.preference.displays"
  tell application "System Events"
  tell application process "System Preferences"
	 tell window 1
		tell group 1 of tab group 1
		   click checkbox "Mirror Displays"

end tell
	 end tell
  end tell
  end tell
end tell

Thanx for remind me about SwitchResX is so cool!

An excellent script that worked for me on 10.5! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...