Intel D915GLVGL

5 posts in this topic

I'm considering building a cheap OSX86 box that is fully supported under 10.4.5. I can get a Intel D915GLVGL for cheap and plan on using a celeron D chip with it. I'm not finding anything in the HCL about this mobo. Does anybody know if it will work or not? There are so many variations of the intel 915 and they all sorta confuse me.

Thanks

The 945 and up chipsets by Intel are slightly more future-proof. All the dual core CPUs from Intel are dropping in prices (Pentium D 805 is $135) and the 945 chipset motherboards (for about $30 premium over the 915) will allow you to upgrade to dual core easily.

Ok I guess I will go with a 945 based mobo and a 2.8ghz dual core chip. For the time being I will use the integrated vid because that seems to be the only vid that works perfectly with OSX. Would the GMA950 be any good for some gaming? What I would love to do is have a PCIE card of some sort and use that for Windows XP gaming and have the GMA950 for OSX. I'm not sure if a set up like that is even possible, but it sure would be nice.

I found this guy on ebay selling:

Intel® Desktop Board D915GEV socket 775/ socket775

He has them at $35 Buy out with $10 shipping.

He has other brands also with 915 markings.

Do I just watch out for "915" ?

My goal is to make a machine with built in video.

Its $45! :lol: