rFactor or GTR2 on HackMac

x0a

21 posts in this topic

Hi,

has somebody tried to get rFactor or GTR2 to work on a Hackintosh? Is there a possibility to run it with an emulating software for ex. Codeweavers Crossover, or Darwine? It would work fine with Wine 1.1 on Ubuntu, but I think it is not aviable for MAC.

Thanks for Help

How do you mean solved? Did you manage to get rFactor working on your Hackintosh?

I'm buying a G25 this afternoon, and I'd love to be able to play rFactor without rebooting, especially since I don't have Windows at home anymore, I haven't for 3 months now!

GTR2 running in Cider eh... I'll have to give that a go. No point in downloading the whole thing again!

I got GTR2 working fine in cider this weekend, my G25 wheel wouldn't work properly though, although I half expected that. Strangely enough it didn't work well in Colin McRae Mac either, even though it's a supported wheel :S

I have a feeling rFactor might not work, it has some pretty weird copy protection on it. I know the trial won't cider never works with games that have windows open before the game starts.

I'll try and find a version of rFactor that doesn't load that screen, we could be lucky :(

Yes, rFactor Lite might be a good idea. I'll give it a go now maybe, depends how busy I am today :(

EDIT: It's going to need to be a cracked version, I can't find a way to get rid of that screen in OS X

The 1255 version of rFactor has a crack that doesn't reqiure a loader, so I'll try on that

2ND EDIT: AWESOME! ^_^ It loads fine, takes about a minute on my Hackintosh for some reason, I'm looking into that one, probably when I get home. I'm using the Lite version, if I get it working, I'll use the Full version later. Mouse isn't working yet, but working on that one :P

Okay, this is a bit weird, Mouse works, loads fine, and it automatically goes to the create profile screen. I enter the details, click create/launch whatever it is, and then it pauses. After a while, it'll just un-click the mouse button, and not progress past this point. I've tried copying over the profiles from another windows install with no luck.

Yeah, I'm able to get the proper resolution on mine, do you mean that widescreen mode works and passes that point?

Yeah I tested both, copied profiles across from windows PCs, all sorts of stuff. rFactor should carry profiles fine if you copy the right folder, but Cider doesn't seem to recognise this for some reason. Maybe there's a registry key missing somewhere.

I did try to force in the command line to load a specific profile, but I have to admit I haven't had a lot of luck with the command line in Cider, i've never noticed it actually doing anything :)

Let us know if you're able to get something interesting happening, maybe there's just something we're missing, it's SO close to working -_-

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, tried it with Cider.

Does not work.

Well the Race 07 game works, but the expansion (GTR Evolution) does not (yet).

The game installs GTR Evolution expansion in the game folder, but the path to the expansion, is listed somewhere outside the game folder, and I havent found out WHERE!

Apart from that stupid hick-up, the game SHOULD work.

I did get GTR2, GTL, and Race 07 to work anyway...

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...