Auto Detect Display/HDMI/8500GT

charleylabri

8 posts in this topic

So, I installed this mixture of natit and nvinject 2.1 which got my 8500GT working full, and I use a 42" LCD with the HDMI out from the card... things work great- except if i turn off the LCD.

when i do, and then power it back on, the mac seems to auto-configure the display and i get just this blue screen (like the background of the login screen) but i have no input or anything. I can sleep the computer through the power button, and the screen will flash briefly the desktop then sleep.

as of yet, i just have to hard power if off. anyone else have this problem?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a god at this but I think I have a clue:

The HDMI-connector is the Secondary port on the Graphics card and when OSX notices that it doesn't have a screen plugged in, the system sort of hangs.

I have sort of the same problem with my 8500GT HDMI, when I try to change the resolution on the HDMI-port and thats the only screen connected it does the same thing.

Without having to reboot I connect another screen to the DVI-port to get OSX to jump over to that screen instead and then it goes back to normal but with two screens in extended mode.

I will try to edit the NVinject.kext to switch the primary and secondary port and I'll try to come back to you. Don't really know if it's possible but I'll give it a try. :)

Tried to switch the two ports but got a black screen.

I guess I'll have to change the NVCAP also.

I'm going to be a bit busy the couple of coming days but when I have the time I'll try to figure this one out.

• 1 month later...