Easy Step-by-Step: Mac OS X Leopard on a PC

neasteflorin

41 posts in this topic

Hi every1, This is my first post. I decided to join this forum with the hope that i may also get some expert advice from the members that'll actually help me out of my situation.

Well, here's the deal.. I have just bought an ACER ASPPIRE 7520G laptop. It has an AMD Turion 64X2 processor 1.9GHZ. It came pre-installed with VISTA Home Premium, i personally want to install MAC Leopard on it. I've already got Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel AMD, however here's the problem. Once i boot from the disc, it takes about ten minutes to open the MAC installer, but then the strangest problem happens, when it says to select the installation drive, it does not see any drive. As if there's no HardDisk.

I've already created a partion on my harddrive from within vista using a 3rd party app, and formatted this partition with FAT32, but it does not get recognized. Strangely enough i've got a 4GB imation flash drive which is getting picked up as well as an old External IDE harddrive but not the 160GN internal One.

I've even tried the Disk Management utility from within the installer however even that does'nt help. I tried to see if there's some settings that i can play around with from the BIOS but there's no such option, (BIOS version is 1.10).

Finally i decided to install the OS10 Leopard on the external USB harddrive. i did installed successfully, however i don't know how to boot from it, there's nothing recognized in the boot menu as a USB harddive when i try to look for it.

Pls. Pls. Pls. try to assist me, as i am desperately waiting for an answer. BTW my friend has an old TOSHIBA laptop and he's running KALYWAY without any problem. His opinion is that my problem is due to my harddrive being SATA, and his laptop HDD is IDE.

Pls. help me to resolve this. I'll be really greatful.

you need to open the hard disk utility and format the fat32 partition drive as mac os journalled. also this partition should be one of the first 3 partitions on the drive. make sure it is also a primary partition. if this doesn't work, try making it a logical drive (this worked for me for some reason). you should be using acronis or partition magic to do this.

Thanks for replying. However the problem here is the OSX installer is not able to see the HDD at all (no partition at all), As for the fat32 partition being one of the first 3..... well my HDD only had too partitions, and the 3rd one that i made is the FAT32 to which i'm trying to install. Furthermore, howcome the installer is picking up the FLASH drive & USB External Drive without me having to format it to MAC Journaled?

Appreciate your time and comments.

Thanks for replying. However the problem here is the OSX installer is not able to see the HDD at all (no partition at all), As for the fat32 partition being one of the first 3..... well my HDD only had too partitions, and the 3rd one that i made is the FAT32 to which i'm trying to install. Furthermore, howcome the installer is picking up the FLASH drive & USB External Drive without me having to format it to MAC Journaled?

Appreciate your time and comments.

You must start Disk Utility after the installer loads to format your partition - it's available in the pulldown...

Patrick

i have leopard 10.5.2 right now on my sony vgn-n220e and the only thing that doesnt work for me... is my headphone jack... when i plug headphones in it blocks out the speaker but nothing comes out of the headphones... and how would i update to 10.5.4? everytime i try i get a kernal panic or just a blue/gray screen

Hi there, sorry to dissapoint you but your suggestions are not working. I tried to make a new FAT32 partition (PRIMARY) partition, but the result is still the same, as soon as the MAC installer interface loads, after the WELCOME to OSX screen where it says SELECT DESTINATION, there's no drive, when i goto DISK UTILITY, it can only see the DVD drive. Pls. advise.... should i take this question to another thread?

CPU: AMD 3500+

MOBO: ASUS A8N5X

2 GB RAM (4x 512)

160 GB SATA HD

250 GB SATA HD

GPU: NVIDIA 7600 GT

I've been trying to install Leopard on my computer, but I've been having some problems. The installer usually loads up fine, but during the install process, the progress bar freezes. I am still able to move my cursor; however, I am unable to click on any of the menus on the task bar. It usually says there is still 48 minutes remaining in the install. Anyone have a solution?

Hi all! I followed the tutorial, and everything went well, and I managed to install OSx - however when I try and boot into OSx it seems to hang on the boot screen (Gray Apple logo with spinning loading animation underneath it) and never gets any further...

Any ideas as to what might cause this?

Cheers!

Hi I followed the tutorial and the installation went fine. But when it tries to boot it hangs or something.

After the apple logo that Inkyskin describes the screen turns black and thats it, it stays black and I can't do anything from there.

What should I do? I'm running a Lenovo Thinkpad T60.

There is a workaround floating, I wouldn't recommend it though.

Hi

I have trouble to boot from the DVD. (I am using Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd, and I have an Intel Q6700 processor)

In the tutorial there stand:

'Select the DVD from list. Usually it's the second choice available.

You'll see a command prompt. Type -v and press enter'

I can't do that. I can only see my DVD drive and press enter on it, but then it just boot up to Vista. And nothing else happen.

Please help me

Best regards Oliver

Hi thx for the great Tutorial!

1. Sorry for my bad english! ;-)

2. The installation on my Aspire 5100 works fine and all is great. USB, Sound, Lan/Wlan works!

3. The only problem is the graficsdriver.

I have the nightmare x200 chip and i need an better resolution, at time i only have 1024x768 pixel.

I follow the readme in katana-package and installed the driver. At first the aplication say "i dont find CallistHall".

Ok, i installed callisto (found many other threads here), changed the Info-file with my own ID 5975 and after reboot i installed katana.

The installer post me some errors dont have permissions to write or rename some files in the my documentsfolder.

Can someone help me to get an resolution like 1280x800? I dont need 3D-acceleration!

Thx.

OK, so I got myself a Kalyway 10.5.1, and decided to try it on an ECS 671T-M3 mobo. It loads all of the kexts, and after that, all of a sudden, the PC restarts. So far, I haven't seen or heard of anyone else who tried running Kaly on a board similar to mine. I can boot on an ASUS P5S-MX SE setup, with SiS onboard video, but why is it that I can't boot on another? Any suggestions to make it work, or at least boot to the installer?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for my bad english..

My first issue is that, I downloaded kalyway Intel AMD and i want to know how i must insert kext ( i don't know what's that ..) in the DVD..

My second issue is that when i copy the only iso file "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso" in the DVD, my computer doesn't want to boot it.. I restart evertime on vista.. why doesn't he want to boot that ?!

Please help me, i'm a beginner and i can't do it alone xD