Leopard thinks my laptop is a Mac Pro!

hekg

7 posts in this topic

I'm running Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Dell Inspiron 8600 but Leopard shows it as a Mac Pro. Plugged into the power adapter the system works perfectly but when I unplug it and run on battery power it goes completely insane and becomes unstable and unusable. How can I fix this?

Thank you

Yes... like 90% of Leopard systems think they are mac pros due to a special SMBIOS.kext made by the devs... I believe there are also one that make it say MacBook out there too..

I dunno why you're having power management issues though, sorry. :/

Yes it's only when I go on battery power. The system takes forever to startup then it freezes and when I click on a dock item it bounces really fast and the application will open minutes later .. it's all very bizarre.

But again, I go on AC power and everything works beautifully but unfortunately that means that I can't ever go mobile.

If anybody can help me resolve this issue I would greatly appreciate it. :D

I have no 'battery' setting at all in my energy settings. It thinks that my laptop is a desktop so there is no reference to battery power at all which is what's causing all the problems.

I was actually running 10.5.1 and when I upgraded to 10.5.2 it goes to the black "hold down your power button to restart" screen unless I start it up plugged into the AC adapter.