Any Logic Pro users?

yonyz

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

I would like to know if there is an asio4all-alike driver for Leopard,

so I can use Logic Pro with a hackintosh (Kalyway or whatever else..)

and have a decent latency..

But before the latency problem - can you even run Logic Pro, at all, on a hackintosh?

Oh! I forget - is there already a working driver for Radeon HD2400XT, which works with a DVI connection?

Because I don't want to use a 1024x768 res on a 1680x1050 res screen. :\

Thanks in advance!

I've just purchased a ESI Juli@ audio card for my new PC a few months ago,

and I don't have the money for a new one.

Wait, I forgot. I'm not even sure what platform Logic use - is it ASIO, or something else?

it says that the Juli@ card has a Core Audio driver.

install it, enjoy

But as I recall, Logic Pro won't work with a Mac OS version that supports PCI cards, right?

???

So, any solution instead of buying a new audio card?

Why don t you try installing the OSX driver first :D

h! I forget - is there already a working driver for Radeon HD2400XT, which works with a DVI connection?

Because I don't want to use a 1024x768 res on a 1680x1050 res screen. :\

You ll also need to get QE/CI working in order to use Logic, though i can t help you with your radeon ( nvidia rulezzz )

Assuming that I will install Leopard - my card won't work, because I tried installing it before.

I got a kernel panic, and no one in the forums helped me (I guess there's just nothing to do),

so I just forgot about the whole Hackintosh thing.

Now I'm back, but I will need to find out if there's a solution for my video card.

Hey guys, I've installed Logic Pro 8.01 (the only reason I ever cared about mac) on my Kalyway 10.5.4 (which runs perfectly) and it really pisses me off. It won't work, it crashes, freezes everytime.

I create a new project with just an audio track and I import a wav in it. I press play, it plays for a minute or so and then BOOM, "logic pro has ended bla bla bla".

I've tried 2 soundcards (to minimize a broken driver possibility), and it does it with both.

Any ideas whatsoever? Is there any special setting in Audio Preferences I should pay attention to?

Thanks anyway

Hi,

Must be releated to your sound card or video card

What sound card are u using ? does it support core audio ?

Do you have QE/Ci with your video card ?

I use a motu 828mk2 with logtic 8.02 on my hackintoch & didn t have any crash yet

Hi,

Must be releated to your sound card or video card

What sound card are u using ? does it support core audio ?

Do you have QE/Ci with your video card ?

I use a motu 828mk2 with logtic 8.02 on my hackintoch & didn t have any crash yet

Thanks tomazzzi

Why would the video card have to do anything with it? The program installed OK and starts OK, and I don't have any graphics issue. The video card is a NVidia 7600GT AGP.

Both soundcards support core audio and they -otherwize- run perfectly.

Could it be the version of Logic pro? I will try to upgrade to 8.02 and see what happens.

Any special Logic Pro options I should pay attention to??

Humm AGP card ???

I though there was no AGP support on Leo ???!!

Yes you can try to update to 8.02 this fix a lot of bugs & stability issues.

What sound card are u using ? stock motherboard sound card are often too limited to get a good latency on logic.