Safe to do apple updates?

7 posts in this topic

Is it safe to install apple updates to newer version? For example, I am running 10.5.2, and it has an update for 10.5.4. Will this work, or will it cause problems with hardware compatibility? Please don't post unless you are sure, because I don't want to mess up my fully working hackintosh :angel:

I believe I am using the Zephyroth OSX86 DVD. I have tried updating to 10.5.4 and it gets to 16% and then dies, it no longer boots after this either.

I tried using ASU to modify it, yet the installer still dies on 16%. I have my Hackintosh working great atm and don't want to kill it again by trying to go to 10.5.4.

If someone finds an 'EASY' way of updating to 10.5.4 on AMD then please let me know :(

When updating to 10.5.3 or through it you need to run a script to remove AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext right after it is installed. What I would do if you can't boot, go into Windows and use Mac Drive to remove this kext or remove it by booting to the install disc with -s and then entering the command.

To answer Adams question I would use the Kalyway ComboUpdate. Search this forum for a guide on it.

iPoco

to update use either Jas combo update for 10.5.3 or the kalyway version, theres also another one that starts with M (cant remember).

Any ways these will safely update you to 10.5.3 then you can install the 10.5.4 update right through the apple software updater.

I believe I am using the Zephyroth OSX86 DVD. I have tried updating to 10.5.4 and it gets to 16% and then dies, it no longer boots after this either.[/quote

Of course, you are using an AMD processor.

1 rule with amd CPU : do not use software update to do major OS upgrades

Exeption made for 10.5.3 to 10.5.4 but not even sure for AMD cpu s ...