need some help cant get out to the internet HELP! $10 REWARD

mricchio

17 posts in this topic

since DHCP was giving me some bogus IP i entered in a static to connect wit my linksys router. everything is good but it shows internet status as :Failed

once a again i am a noob lol

help

update $10 paypal reward

CPU: Athlon 64 5200+

Mobo: abit AN-M2 (nForce 630)

Ram: 2GB DDR2 667MHz (1x Kingston)

HHD: 320GB external sata to usb

DVD: LG DVD/RW IDE

i have a vista box online with dhcp with an active internet connection, but when i put my osx box to dhcp it shows a bogus ip, so i put in a static ip within range of my router but i still can't surf the web

screenshot

post-262790-1217005153_thumb.jpg

there is a vista box on the network which is having no problems, can't ping router or vista box

link light is active on router from the mac

You don't have MAC (media access control) address filtering enabled on your router, do you? Are you sure the cable from your Mac to the router is good? Could the port where the Mac is connected to router be bad? Try a different port.

what do you mean by "After that edit .Plist file of the kext using TextMate with your device id... in this case is the 0x054C10de wich is the MCP68 nForce networking controller in windows."?

i installed textmate on my mac and am able to open the .Plist file but idk what to edit once inside

• 4 months later...

CPU: Athlon 64 5200+

Mobo: abit AN-M2 (nForce 630)

Ram: 2GB DDR2 667MHz (1x Kingston)

HHD: 320GB external sata to usb

DVD: LG DVD/RW IDE

i have a vista box online with dhcp with an active internet connection, but when i put my osx box to dhcp it shows a bogus ip, so i put in a static ip within range of my router but i still can't surf the web

screenshot

I've got the same MoBo, did you get EQ/CI enabled on your setup for video? you using onboard video or a videocard if so what brand/model etc...