Display goes black

psychofish25

12 posts in this topic

I tried running Quake 3 on my hackintosh, but whenever I open it, I can hear the sounds, but there is no display. I downloaded all included video drivers from the leo4all 10.5.2 installation, and I've never had video problems before.

Keep in mind this was a torrent, so maybe it's a bad one? Do I have to patch anything?

I'm currently torrenting Halo: Combat Evolved and I want that to work, I just don't want it going black like this. Because I can't really get out of it, when I log out my screen just goes yellow, forcing me to shut it off.

Please help,

Jordan

Perhaps your graphic card isn't powerful enough for the game? What graphic card is it? That would probably open you to a wider variety of solutions.

you need to switch from the vga port(picture 3) to the dvi port(picture 4).This means you need a dvi cable(picture 2) or if your screen has only vga port you need a dvi to vga adaptor(picture 1).

I hope this will help you. :P

post-231297-1217004354.jpg

post-231297-1217004372.jpg

post-231297-1217004458_thumb.jpg

post-231297-1217004659_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Same card here and same problem. (And i'm using DVI).

If you switch to no-fullscreen mode, the game works. But in full screen display goes black.

Any idea why?

Hello,

I've got the same problem when I try to play any game that worked perfectly fine before. I don't understand.

I can barely play wolf ET in windowed mode. I don't play games a lot, so I can't say when the problem appears.

The last thing I did is install the last Prince of Persia. The game was running, but was really ugly, so I tried to play with a lower resolution. Then I got the black screen, with sound.

PS: My screen is a Dell ultrasharp 2407WFP, on DVI.

My video card is a Nvidia 8600GT 256Mo

Please help me!