Booting using the -x command

tuwenhsu

10 posts in this topic

We can maybe help, but we need a lot more info. Tell us your system info (motherboard, video card, all that stuff).

In addition, boot with -v and post the errors you see there before it hangs/crashes.

Hardware:

Dimension 4700

P4 2.8 Ghz,

512 RAM

ATI Radon X300

Broadcom 440x 10/100 intergrated controller as my network adapter

with -v command it fails at "can not find debugger" or something like that

also the internet and sound doesnt work

Hi. I'm new here and this is my first post.

Anyway, I have a Dell Latitude X300, 1.2GHz, SigmaTel AC97 Sound card, integrated intel graphics. I have also applied the SSE->SSE2 patch.

The problem however, is I can't seem to boot up without the -x. I have tried deleting everything that has ATI or Radeon in the /Systems/Library/Extensions but I still get stuck at the gray Apple screen during NORMAL boot.

When I tried booting up on -v, the last message I see is Login Window started or something along that line, and nothing happens thereafter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

Cheers.

If you used deadmoo's install, type in "deadmoo" as the username, and "bovinity" as the password. This will allow you to get into the system. To change the root password, type in sudo passwd root. Type in "bovinity" and change the passwd to what you want. Logging in as root by typing su and the password you created will give you full access to the computer. Just a helpful piece of information for a newcomer.

• 3 weeks later...