Success With A Lowly HP Pavillion zv6000!

JohnyFive

24 posts in this topic

Hello all!

This is my first post, but I just thought it would be cool if my first post was my success post! (Yay :( )

Aaannnyywwayyysss.....

Here's a list of the hardware in this laptop:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz

Memory: 510MB RAM

Card name: ATI MOBILITY RADEON XPRESS 200

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series (0x5955)

^^^

The laptop runs off the 200M series motherboard...interesting?

Conexant AMC Audio (Unfortunately, no audio yet...anyone know if there's a way to make it work?)

================================================

Yeah, so..there ya go! Just a quick thing: If anyone knows of a way to get the Conexant AMC Audio to work, please tell me! Other than that, x86 runs perfectly!

Seeya!

~J5

Congrats, and i have a few questions. How did you go about installing it? Which method worked?

Iam interested in running this on my newly purchased Compaq Presario V2000z notebook, which has the closest specs to yours as i could find. Any help would be great.

I too have questions... I'm working with a ZX5000

P4 (northwood) 3.0 w/HT, and what's listed as SOUNDMAX in windows. I was stupid and didn't grab device id's for anything before i put the tiger image on here.. :-/ but yeh..

Sound, DVD, and Display (native 1680x1050 from the Radeon 9600 128MB M10)

Mao

I have an NX9100 HP...Almost the exact same system you have except mine is a 2.8 P4. Same video and sound et al. I got everything working but the video (accelerated anyway...vesa sucks) and don't have a clue on the sound. I tried adding the devids for the video and sound into the various plists for the ati and via drivers with no luck.

thanks!

Congrats, and i have a few questions.  How did you go about installing it?  Which method worked?

Iam interested in running this on my newly purchased Compaq Presario V2000z notebook, which has the closest specs to yours as i could find.  Any help would be great.

Got the same system as you and thr same problems. Did you get Intel Hard drive acceleration to work?

Got the same system as you and thr same problems. Did you get Intel Hard drive acceleration to work?

i got hold of a ghost image floating around usenet it says VMware installed. besides that image sitting on my harddrive i have not done anything. i was wondering how i should go about starting. i haven't evn tried to run osx yet. haha

i got hold of a ghost image floating around usenet it says VMware installed. besides that image sitting on my harddrive i have not done anything. i was wondering how i should go about starting. i haven't evn tried to run osx yet. haha

You should read the install forum :wacko:

I'm wondering if any of u have gotten your HD up to full speed. Also, DVD/CDR doesnt work for me at all... What installation path did you take?

Mao

Congrats, and i have a few questions.  How did you go about installing it?  Which method worked?

Iam interested in running this on my newly purchased Compaq Presario V2000z notebook, which has the closest specs to yours as i could find.  Any help would be great.

I used this method: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...le_And_Accurate

Just be sure that you make the partition before hand (around 6.5gb is what I have).

• 2 months later...
Hello all!

This is my first post, but I just thought it would be cool if my first post was my success post! (Yay :P )

Aaannnyywwayyysss.....

Here's a list of the hardware in this laptop:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz

Memory: 510MB RAM

Card name: ATI MOBILITY RADEON XPRESS 200

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series (0x5955)

^^^

The laptop runs off the 200M series motherboard...interesting?

Conexant AMC Audio (Unfortunately, no audio yet...anyone know if there's a way to make it work?)

================================================

Yeah, so..there ya go! Just a quick thing: If anyone knows of a way to get the Conexant AMC Audio to work, please tell me! Other than that, x86 runs perfectly!

Seeya!

~J5

Hi,

Does your Graphic runs on 1280x800?

hello,

I have the same system, but my keyboard is not run.

how can you do it??

thanks

I have a zv5000 (which is the nvidia based system so sound and UDMA has drivers) but the keyboard and mouse are not. Because they use a PS2 interface my solution was to plug in a USB mouse and keyboard. There are PS/2 drivers floating around but I don't think the author has gotten them to work with the HP laptop.

• 1 month later...

I got my ZV6000 running 10.4.3 the hard way.

I resized the windows partition to create a 20 gigs of empty space.

Then I created a partition using Diskpart in windows (using the creation method outlined in the Deadmoo install method).

I installed 10.4.3 frome the patched DevDVD using VMware 5.5 with direct access to the real partition (note, VMware says that the DVD requests DMA programing at the point that it hangs at "waiting for root" in a "real" install).

The chain0 method worked for 10.4.1 but I had to install a real boot-loader to automatically switch active partitions and select the OSX partition to boot from.

WORKING:

Built in ethernet.

Built in Keyboard, external USB keyboard.

Built in Trackpad, external optical USB mouse.

Vesa 2.0 display at 1024x769x32 (Native is 1280x800x32).

Firewire(untested)

NOT WORKING:

Powersaving caused the notebook to hang (turned off powersaving in preferences).

Sound.

DVD/CD Drive.

Flash Disk Media Reader.

Wireless Broadcomm Ethernet (haven't tried the airport driver, second ethernet is seen by the system but may not be enabled in BIOS the light in the wireless button is off).

PC Cards (untested).

Over all the system is as fast as windows, but a whole lot better looking.

I'm using the PPC version of Firefox and a DSL connection throgh a router.

Edited by Frimples

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a "Mad Dog" USB enclosure for my old desktop CD-ROM and Hard Drive and find that both show up on the zv6000.

I installed Mac Office 2004 and it copied fine from the cd.

The USB hard-drive may actually be faster becuase of better USB drivers.

I'll test it and pass along the results.

• 2 weeks later...
That Simple Install is way craowded with redundant information. Would you guys who had success please tell how did you REALLY install? Which steps and options did you take?

Thanks.

Install with vmware, add scousi's ati chipset kext using macdrive within windows.

It should boot.

raly?

mine sped up by about 100x (from 0.5 mb/s to 50 mb/s). I used the UDMA 5 compiled kext.

So you actually get 50 mb/s ? That's good news. I guess my laptop 5400 rpm (maybe even 4800?) is limited. If you ever have time, could you run writing tests between XP and OSX? I thinks the writing speed might stiil have to be tweaked somehow.

Results 15.32

System Info

Xbench Version 1.2

System Version 10.4.3 (8F1099)

Physical RAM 512 MB

Model ADP2,1

Drive Type FUJITSU MHT2080AT PL

Disk Test 15.32

Sequential 14.93

Uncached Write 7.41 4.55 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 11.96 6.77 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 51.80 15.16 MB/sec [4K blocks]