I want to make my own custom Leopard DVD!

Espionage724

14 posts in this topic

I would like to make my very own custom Leopard DVD.

- I would like it to include the latest patch (10.5.4)

- I would like it to include my driver kexts

- I would like it to fit on a SL DVD-R (4.7GB)

Can someone give me some general information on how to do this please? I am currently in possession of a Leopard retail DVD now ;)

I would like to make my very own custom Leopard DVD.

- I would like it to include the latest patch (10.5.4)

- I would like it to include my driver kexts

- I would like it to fit on a SL DVD-R (4.7GB)

Can someone give me some general information on how to do this please? I am currently in possession of a Leopard retail DVD now :)

There's no need really now mate. What you should do is use a retail install and chameleon DFE, adding your kexts into the bootloader itself.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114013

This is a great way to boot osx86 because it allows you to use an unmodified version of OSX and all the major changes you need to make to the OS can be done by manipulating the files that the bootloader uses to start. You can update flawlessly from software update (as long as you have the minumum amount of kexts necessary (and compatible hardware). check it out if you havent already...

There has recently been a posting in this forum on exactly how to build your own bootable retail leopard DVD using the hameleon DFE boot-132 method. I was going to suggest that you use the search on this forum & find it rather than impatienly posting every couple of hours when you didn't get any reply. Unfortunately search on this forum is {censored} & I cannot find the post anywhere but dig around & you will find it.

Donde

Estas

Ok so far I have a Retail Leopard DVD. I deleted some useless things also to make it fit on a SL DVD (printer drivers, raid tools, different language pkgs). I'm stuck with a 7.11GB image file still that says it has 3.88GB free. How do I convert this image into just 3.4GB (current space being used)?

I'll have to re-obtain my retail Leopard DVD image. When I tried to remount it it gave me some error so I deleted the file. I'm slowly re-obtaining it now :P

EDIT: Well i'll have a new image in like 12hrs then i'll take a look at the link you gave me nigelbb and report back here with results.

I'll have to re-obtain my retail Leopard DVD image. When I tried to remount it it gave me some error so I deleted the file. I'm slowly re-obtaining it now ;)

EDIT: Well i'll have a new image in like 12hrs then i'll take a look at the link you gave me nigelbb and report back here with results.

If I were you I would buy a dual layer DVD burner and a few Dual Layer DVDs. I followed guides to make leopard fit onto a single layer DVD quite a few times and didn't get very far, the DVD wouldn't install properly.

• 1 year later...