Does Leopard work only with AHCI controller option?

freestart

3 posts in this topic

Hi.

please I am very confused.

Does Leopard work only with AHCI in bios option?

Best Regards

No; Leopard supports EHCI and AHCI; however, certain hardware requires AHCI support to work properly in Leopard.

I have an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe that works with both Tiger and Leopard, and it supports UHCI and EHCI, but is unable to support AHCI. However, the hardware that Leopard doesn't support (in USB) is not due to the lack of AHCI (Leopard supports my DeskJet 940C USB printer directly, for example, but only supports my QuickCam Communicate STX with a third-party driver, and fails to support my Sidewinder joystick and D-pad at all).

No; Leopard supports EHCI and AHCI; however, certain hardware requires AHCI support to work properly in Leopard.

I have an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe that works with both Tiger and Leopard, and it supports UHCI and EHCI, but is unable to support AHCI. However, the hardware that Leopard doesn't support (in USB) is not due to the lack of AHCI (Leopard supports my DeskJet 940C USB printer directly, for example, but only supports my QuickCam Communicate STX with a third-party driver, and fails to support my Sidewinder joystick and D-pad at all).

What the He**?

UHCI is USB1.1

EHCI is USB 2.0

OHCI is Firewire 400

AHCI is SATA

Why would you talk about USB when the question is about Harddisk?

@Freestart

Leopard natively supports AHCI mode for SATA.

For IDE mode of SATA depending on the motherboard chipset there are community drivers available.

Intel iCHx, VIA 8237, etc are supported in IDE Mode through community developed drivers. What is your motherboard chipset?