Kalyway 10.5.4 and some issues...

hara78

4 posts in this topic

I recently set up my system and it works well with some minor issues. See THIS THREAD. Maybe some of you can help me solving them?

1. "About This Mac" shows wrong processor: 1.87 GHz Intel Core 2 Solo. Any way to change it? Tried already to set ENABLE CPUlimit in BIOS, changed from 1.87 GHz Unknown to the former.

Update: Changes CPULimit back to disable and System Profiler (problem 2) works!

2. System Profiler crashes everytime during loading. Read update to 1!

3. I have currently 2 bootmanagers running: the 1st is XP and the 2nd Darwin. How do I get rid of one of those?

4. This Mac does not turn of the computer at shutdown and does not restart completly. Seems to me the process gets stuck after HD is turned off. Have to restart and shutdown manually.

Anyone with experience in any of that issues?

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

Proc: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz

Grafix: ASUS GeForce 8400 GS 512MB 64-bit GDDR2

RAM: 2x2GB OCZ Reaper DDR2

Tower: Thermaltake WingRS100

DVD/R: ASUS DRW-2014S1T

HD: Seagate Barracuda 250 GB

Power: Rosewill Stallion RD500

Seems like both you and I have similar problems. However for the first one, I suggest taking a look at the supported list of CPUs for your mobo revision. I had to update my mobo revision to F3n (beta) because Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53GHz is supported only by that revision. Previously before I updated the revision, I panicked when I saw that the About This Mac reported the CPU incorrectly.

For the shutdown and restart problem, lets hope someone replies either of our posts and we'll be kind enough to alert the other so.

Cheers.

for 3, it is hard to get rid of darwin. Darwin only loads active partition, so if you use xp bootloader and tboot leopard, xp partition must be active, you have to manually choose leopard partition in darwin menu. If you set darwin menu time to 0, it will boot back to xp bootloader.

So you can only use darwin as your bootloader, set leopard partition active, and set xp bootloader menu time to 0. Thus, use darwin to boot two system.

To me darwin menu is ugly, so I have another solution. I have two hard drive, and have xp, Leopard, vista installed in one drive, I set Leopard partition as active. Then I install vista bootmgr to second hard drive, use it to boot 3 systems, and set second hard drive as first boot device. Everything works fine.

But very interesting, I install Leopard on another machine using a leopard-x86-flat-img, i.e. install from harddisk. the leopard partition is not active, but darwin knows to boot leopard partition as default. So I can boot from xP using tboot without select darwin boot menu again. I'm so confused @_@

Seems like both you and I have similar problems. However for the first one, I suggest taking a look at the supported list of CPUs for your mobo revision. I had to update my mobo revision to F3n (beta) because Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53GHz is supported only by that revision. Previously before I updated the revision, I panicked when I saw that the About This Mac reported the CPU incorrectly.

Now that is odd: I updated my BIOS to the latest version and realized during booting that on BIOS start up it already shows the wrong processor speed: 1.87 GHz instead of the 2.4 GHz it should. WinXP however lists the processor at 2.4; Mac OS X at 1.87. Seems to be an issue with the MoBo, but what the heck: why does it still show the wrong speed after flashing to the latest version? Any idea?