Is it worth getting now

Suzuka

5 posts in this topic

Apple will release it next year !!

Leopard was slow? dude .. it's a 64bit OS, and it's freaking fast :o

The beta of Leopard released at last year's WWDC, it was slow and unstable, so Im worndering if this one is the same

The beta of Leopard released at last year's WWDC, it was slow and unstable, so Im worndering if this one is the same

It's not slow, but it's not extremely stable. System Preferences crashes or completely locks up quite a bit for me (enough for a hard restart), and Aperture doesn't behave nicely either . Those are the main two I noticed, but there are other random lockups. I'd just stick with Leopard for now, you're really not going to gain much by using it. It's about the same speed as Leopard right now (maybe that will be slow compared to the final release? :o ).

That was the beta version !!

I'm running 10.5.4 on my Macbook Pro, and I have to admit, i did not like it over 10.4.11 first it came out, but after the 2nd update, I'm loving it. It's fast and stable ... never crashed on me, Never.

I'm a photographer, and am using Aperture every day ... it's working just fine. :)

I have Kalyway on my Dell desktop, but I never run Aperture on it ... so maybe it's not as smooth as it supposed to be on real mac. Just maybe