"Super-compatible" notebook for Mac?

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

has someone a tip for a good, modern notebook that seems to be very compatible to patched Leopard?

I'm planning to buy a notebook, but i think i cannot afford an original mac ^^

I've had very good experiences with kalyway on a pc and i think it's possible to create a system that runs stable enough to work on it.

greets,

benelauer

Hi

Personnaly, I would buy a HP Pavillon DVxxxxxx cause many people said that's work out of box. Also, Toshiba Satelite are very good ;)

Criteria are Core2Duo (for Vanilla Kernel), 2 Gb RAM, equivalent of P35 chipset. Please, check for wireless cards cause Intel 3945 ABG card doesn't work on OS X, Atheros 500x also. Anyway, swap your wireless card cost in average of 10$ on eBay i.e. the most known Dell Wireless 1490 (infos here).

I had something in mind, MSI Wind works very flawlessly with Intel Atom CPU (new generation of CPU) OS X on the MSI Wind, before it's release

Any Dell Inspiron with the 1395 Wi-Fi and GMAX3100 graphics will be an easy "HackBook." Plus it's always nice to be able to use your wireless as AirPort without ugly USB dongles cramping your style.

Dell 1530 is extremely easy with an nvidia 8600 card. Just make sure and get one with a dell wireless and not the intel wirless. there is also a nice thread on them with a ton of activity:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=83039

i'm running stock kernels and flying along... benched against a macbook pro, i'm neck and neck for a ton less... I would even recommend looking at the delloutlet for them, so you can save some dough