Bluetooth keyboard & mouse, pairing times out during exchange passcodes.

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have Kaly 10.5.2 installed on my Dell Inspiron 9400 and most things are working great. The problem I have is with my Logitech Bluetooth Mouse & Keyboard. I'm using a generic bluetooth dongle which I have pairing with these peripherals under WinXP ok. When I use the Bluetooth Assistant under OSX, it gets to the stage of exchanging passcodes with either device, and then times out. The keyboard actually even prompts me to enter the passcode given by the O/S, which I do, but still it times out after this step.

Any hints?

Thx,

• 5 months later...

i have the same problem. any help is much appreciated.

at first i couldnt even get my apple mighty mouse to pair up. i had to downgrade the IOBluetoothFamily.kext from the 10.5.6 (current version of OS) to one from a 10.5.4. that seemed to remedy that situation. as for the keyboard, it just doesnt want to pair up. sometimes i dont even get to the verification screen (where it says enter this code). it will just not successfully connect. its the most frustrating thing. i did update the file AppleSMBIOS from Mac.nub but still doesnt work either. any solutions out there. i dont want my $60 keyboard to be a paperweight.

for me the problem was the wrong bluetooth dongle.. i buy a new one from ebay that is more compatible ( D-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter DBT- 120) with osx.. i was not able to connect my apple wireless keyboard with my old (newer) bluetooth dongle

• 4 weeks later...

Is there no generic bluetooth driver that is compatible with most USB dongles? I've got a Belkin Bluetooth 100m Adaptor (Model No: F8T012) that cant pair with my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard (its a white one not a new sliver one) but like blackfrancis75 it keeps timing out on the pairing process at the passcodes bit.

I'm running iDeneb 10.5.5, but I haven't tried messing with the bluetooth kexts (yet, i'm about to try with a 10.5.6 kext from a real mac) so we'll see!)

Is there not a generic driver? If there is can somebody please post a link before I go on eBay, i'd rather not fork out money but if its the only option then i guess i'll have to!

By the way, luxus could you please post a link to the ebay page where you got the adaptor that works so I can take a look? Many thanks!

:|