Internal Clock is slower in MacOSX

popophobia

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just installed Mac on my desktop. Motherboard is Asus P5K-VM.

Somehow the time on my computer is slower than the real time (not the time lag after reboot - windows/mac).

The clock run considerably slower in Mac. One day it can run 3-4 hours off.

Anyone familiar with this issue? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Just to let you know you're not alone, I am also seeing this problem on my Dell Latitude D830 running 10.5.2. I've just upgraded to 10.5.4, but it hasn't been running long enough for me to see if the clock is going to skew.

There were two different issues causing this problem

1. Wrong FSB recognised. This can be fixed by setting up fsb=xxx (where xxx is your correct frequency) in the com.apple.Boot.plist or by using the latest patched AppleSMBIOS.kext from mac.nub

2. 45nm Core2 CPU. This also slowed the clock gradually and the fix for that is not to use vanilla kernel and using modbin patched kernel instead.

Thanks, I think it's the 45nm core2duo thing. I guess I'd have to use the modbin kernel then.

Thanks.

Try the command ntpd –q via Lingon......it may work meaning you do not have to switch kernels..... :)

Force OS X to resync its desktop clock time at login by using Lingon 2.1 (download from http://lingon.sourceforge.net/) to create a Users Daemon as follows:

i. Run Lingon 2.1 app.

ii. Click on "New" button.

iii. Select "Users Daemons" and click on "Create". Then:

In Box 1 under "Name" enter ChronoSync

In Box 2 under "What" enter ntpd –q

In Box 3 under "When" select run when it is loaded by the system (at startup or login) and at a set intervals thereafter....

iv. Click on "Save" button and logoff and login again as instructed.