GX280 Support?

patsphone2

6 posts in this topic

chances are unless they're very similar to the previous cards (which they're not) it won't work. I would say the best safe bet for now in terms of performance is a 9800GX2 or a 9800GTX+These are both based on the 8800GT that sells in the Mac Pro the GTX280 is a completely new core, and architecturechances are unless they're very similar to the previous cards (which they're not) it won't work. I would say the best safe bet for now in terms of performance is a 9800GX2 or a 9800GTX+These are both based on the 8800GT that sells in the Mac Pro the GTX280 is a completely new core, and architectureChances are that it won't. It's a completely new core, and architecture and people here are only using the drivers that apple provide.Your safest bet for performance would be to get a 9800GTX+ as it's based on an 8800GT that sells in the current Mac Pro's

For now it isn't supported on Leopard but it is on Snow Leopard.

I think it's just a matter of months they add drivers for Leopard too. Maybe 10.5.5 ? :)

Ya, I thought I saw somewhere that it was going to be supported by Apple.

For now it isn't supported on Leopard but it is on Snow Leopard.

I think it's just a matter of months they add drivers for Leopard too. Maybe 10.5.5 ? :blink:

Good! i'm planning on buying 1 asus gtx 280 for my birthday on september... Prices are dropping fast i see...

from 550 eu on the day of exit to the actual 420 eu now... Maybe there will be something out (osx drivers) that will

work in that period :)