8 minutes booting up on iATKOS 2.0i

14 posts in this topic

Hi there!

First of all, that's my first post and I want to say that this is a really great forum and it helped me too much.

Second, I'm from spain, I'm just learning english and I'm trying my best, so excuse me if something is not well writed or something like that, I'm improving everyday.

So, here I go with my problem:

I just bought a new LGE500 U50B Laptop, it specifications are:

- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T8300

- Fine Bright 15.4" WXGA TFT LCD

- Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS (256 VRAM)

- 3GB DDR2 RAM

- 250GB SATA HDD

- DVD Super Multi (DL)

- Wired LAN 10/100 Integrated Fast Ethernet

- Wireless LAN Atheros 5007EG

- Bluetooth, etc..

As I said before, I installed iATKOS 2.0i (I also tried JaS 10.4.8 but I can even start the installationship, and Leo4All v3 but as soon as the installationship ends it says "Still waiting for root device") and everything works really fine, except the wireless lan and the card reader, but I dont really need the card reader, and about the wireless... I get another one, a USB stick, and it works fine.

But there's a problem, it tooks about... 8-10 minutes to boot up, when darwins start Mac there appears the grey screen with the apple and the circle running during 10 minutes, or something like that. When it boots up everything is so fine, I have no complainings about, but 10 minutes is too much to wait to start.

I've tried re-installing like... 12 times, chaning some options, trying another kernels, chaning options in BIOS, deactivating and activating AHCI, Dual Cores, Speed Step, everything, but nothing seems to change, and I'm really sad, because I really like Mac, and this will be the first time I can try one in my own pcs, and I'm really thinking about getting one (I'm in love with the Mac Air) but first of all I want to try the OS.

So... If someone knows something, I would really appreciate.

Ah! Almost forgot: how can I change the Kernel without re-installing? because anytime I wanted to change something I had to re-install, and counting on that, to start the installation, takes the same time to boot up (as I said before, 8-10 minutes) plus the extra time of installing the OS... It would be great to try other Kernels without reinstalling.

And, the last question, sometimes I get a Kernel Panic, and as newbie in mac that I am, I don't know how to fix it, so I have to reinstall again Mac (and wait for an hour to start everything again).

Anything will be so appreciated, I really want to use Mac.

If someone needs to know anything else about the computer, I will let you know as soon as you asked, now I'm in the other laptop, the one where I want install Mac (LG E500) is being formating and installing Vista (puagggg :( ).

Thank you so much, and again, excuse about my probably bad english! :(

well, I downloaded and installed kalyway, but nothing... it stills taking too much booting up, the exactly same time, and, moreover, I dont have sound.

I'm installing iATKOS 1.0i right now, we will see, but it seems to be the same..

I will try, as amantheboy said, the retail version with the 132 boot, but I dont know if I could install it because I didn't understand so much how to do it, but I will try, thanks a lot for replying.

I'll keep in touch! thanks to everybody, and, as I said in the other post, if someone knows some fix else, just tell me please! thanksss!

Edit: I just installed iATKOS 1.0i and it doesen't even start, when the insallation ends it gets restarted over and over again, so.. it wasn't the solution :/ I'm just going crazy ;):D

• 1 month later...

LOL try JaS 10.5.4 Leopard Server

Maybe Leopard Server would work... HAHA

BTW iAtkos 4.0i released... try it if you are patient... (i think downloading so many isos and burning so many DVDs is quite frustrating...)

Me too i dont know how to use the 132 thing.. haha

And about iAtkos v1.0i, you need to install Darwin_Boot after reformatting your hard drive before you install Mac OS (found in Utilities menu) otherwise it wouldnt boot

I thought Core 2 Duos have support for speedstep, i dont see why you cant install it...

And as you can see in my signature, i am a blurblob... if you understand that

BlurKing = blurblob = dumbo... HAHAHA

Oh ya i just remembered. Some PCs are not compatible with Mac OS.... hope yours is though

I've got the same problem using Kalyway 10.5.2 (which does take a good 10 minutes to start the installer, just like when booting up)

However, other than having to remove the graphics drivers, and doing the setup fix, it installs fine and boots up. I have gotten several things to work, but some things dont work "for no reason":

- Sound installs, gets detected, and shows me the volume etc, and picks up volume control from the laptop, but there is no sound that actually comes out.

- Wireless drivers do not work at all (eventhough everyone says it works for them)

- USB devices have to be plugged in during boot in order to work, there is no "hot plugging"

I got Kalyway 10.5.2 and when I install it, it takes like half an hour to go to the installation window.

It installs fine but each time I boot into Leopard it takes almost 7 minutes from hitting the power button to actually starting up apps.

It spends 50s in BIOS, 1m30s on the gray screen with the apple and the spinning wheel, 4 minutes on a blue screen.

Any suggestions why this takes so long?

I've got the same problem using Kalyway 10.5.2 (which does take a good 10 minutes to start the installer, just like when booting up)

However, other than having to remove the graphics drivers, and doing the setup fix, it installs fine and boots up. I have gotten several things to work, but some things dont work "for no reason":

- Sound installs, gets detected, and shows me the volume etc, and picks up volume control from the laptop, but there is no sound that actually comes out.

- Wireless drivers do not work at all (eventhough everyone says it works for them)

- USB devices have to be plugged in during boot in order to work, there is no "hot plugging"

In System Preferences if your output is HD Audio Output there will be no sound. You have to do other things to make it work. Like installing drivers etc. Mine is also HD Audio Output and there are no drivers.. ;)

And what is your Wireless card manufacturer and model? If it is Intel 3945ABG there is practically no chance currently... I had to buy a USB WiFi dongle. I bought a Netgear WG111v3, and got drivers for it, now it is working. (This one is 802.11b/g not n)

For my USB devices, only the mouse has your problem. The rest can hot plug. Dunno what is the problem with your computer...

I got Kalyway 10.5.2 and when I install it, it takes like half an hour to go to the installation window.

It installs fine but each time I boot into Leopard it takes almost 7 minutes from hitting the power button to actually starting up apps.

It spends 50s in BIOS, 1m30s on the gray screen with the apple and the spinning wheel, 4 minutes on a blue screen.

Any suggestions why this takes so long?

My Kalyway is like that too. But it takes like 45min to go to installation window.. Use iAtkos. it takes like 10min to get to installation window LOL

What is your definition for BIOS... the thing with the OEM logo or the Darwin Boot screen?

And try -v to see what's the prob with it...