Kalyway 10.5.2 Strange error

OCORHI

14 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am a freshman in Mac OS X x86.

I installed this version on my laptop (Fujitsu S6410). It is quite smooth process to install MAC OS X x86.

As the screen showed that the installation is complete and needs to reboot, the screen show a color line like that

post-253271-1215235245_thumb.jpg

How to solve this problem ??

Thanks

err the driver for your graphics card wasn't installed? if you didnt install it, then you'll have to go into the disc again and find the driver. or maybe you need to use a boot flag: press f8 at startup and type in -s, then type mount -uw / and then type /movevideodrivers (according to kalyway, this never happened to me). was your hard disk clean before you installed? its much easier to successfully install os x on a blank drive than one that has data on it

err the driver for your graphics card wasn't installed? if you didnt install it, then you'll have to go into the disc again and find the driver. or maybe you need to use a boot flag: press f8 at startup and type in -s, then type mount -uw / and then type /movevideodrivers (according to kalyway, this never happened to me). was your hard disk clean before you installed? its much easier to successfully install os x on a blank drive than one that has data on it

i have installed the graphics driver (ATI, Nvide and Intel).Also, before i installation, i have used disk utility which included in the dvd to erase the hard disk to mac extended format.

Aceboy222

My screen just went black,

but the comand that Kaly specified did not solve the problem.

Dude just reinstall and select 1 of the drivers only that applies to ur GPU!

Another solution during install just do not select any driver at all

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OH THANK GOD I'M NOT ALONE! Same issue, same computer. kalyway 10.5.2 installed so long as i didn't select graphics drivers but obviously then i get no qe/ci or resolutions other than 1024x768. tried installing gfx drivers by copying from disc and then i get the screwed screen again. JAS 10.5.4 won't even get to the install screen just coloured lines. I'm gonna try ideneb 10.5.5 is it worth patching the dvd to use the xnu 9.5.0 kernal (should be released this weekend)?

Hi

I have the same Notebook

I post this or next week a solution how to fix this problem. The problem is not the Graphic Card - The problem is the Display.

When you plug in a External Display - it will work with this display.

Have anyone a solution for the Internal Sierra Wireless Card UMTS ?? Its a MC8780 Card.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here the the solution for the FSC S6410.

The problem is not the Graphic driver - The problem is the Driver for the LCD Display.

Files

Connect a external Display to the S6410. Deactivate the internal Display. Now you can boot the Mac OSX DVD. Install Macosx to you Notebook. Update to Version 10.5.5.

Then copy Natit.kext to /System/Library/Extensions.

then

sudo -s

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

rm /System/Library/Extensions.m*

Then copy DisplayProductID-717 to /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e/

then

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e/*

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e/*

Then reboot and activate the internal Display and hope it works :D :D

I hope you have the same internal Display as my Notebook.

Sorry my English is not the best ..... but i think i can speak better English as you German :):P:(

• 3 weeks later...
Here the the solution for the FSC S6410.

The problem is not the Graphic driver - The problem is the Driver for the LCD Display.

Files

Connect a external Display to the S6410. Deactivate the internal Display. Now you can boot the Mac OSX DVD. Install Macosx to you Notebook. Update to Version 10.5.5.

Then copy Natit.kext to /System/Library/Extensions.

then

sudo -s

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

rm /System/Library/Extensions.m*

Then copy DisplayProductID-717 to /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e/

then

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e/*

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e/*

Then reboot and activate the internal Display and hope it works :D :D

I hope you have the same internal Display as my Notebook.

Sorry my English is not the best ..... but i think i can speak better English as you German ;) ;) ;)

is your PC is S6410?

Hi all, I am a freshman in Mac OS X x86.

I installed this version on my laptop (Fujitsu S6410). It is quite smooth process to install MAC OS X x86.

As the screen showed that the installation is complete and needs to reboot, the screen show a color line like that

post-253271-1215235245_thumb.jpg

How to solve this problem ??

Thanks

I had exactly the same problem! All you have to do is attach a external monitor with a large display (I used 24'). The problem is that the screen resolution is set too high for your laptop screen to handle. When you get to desktop, you can lower the screen resolution so it work on your laptop.

I had exactly the same problem! All you have to do is attach a external monitor with a large display (I used 24'). The problem is that the screen resolution is set too high for your laptop screen to handle. When you get to desktop, you can lower the screen resolution so it work on your laptop.

but this problem still exist when un-plug my external mon.

• 1 month later...