Leopard on Asus R1E-C1

34 posts in this topic

well wicked! the tablet is working right out of the box, and it's calibrated by installing Wacom's official driver called "cons495-1_int.dmg" (just google it and download from official site). Haven't tried the pressure sensitivity yet. I can't seem to get rid of the -f flag either.. I have to boot with -f cpus=1, if I want to start the 10.5.3...

well wicked! the tablet is working right out of the box, and it's calibrated by installing Wacom's official driver called "cons495-1_int.dmg" (just google it and download from official site). Haven't tried the pressure sensitivity yet. I can't seem to get rid of the -f flag either.. I have to boot with -f cpus=1, if I want to start the 10.5.3...

I think there has to be a BIOS mod for the cpus=1 to be gotten rid of.

Alex

• 1 month later...

Great work, Rieetu! I followed your instructions and got 10.5.3 on my R1E. Wireless USB-Stick from D-Link works, UMTS-Card from T-Mobile works also perfectly. But do you have any idea how to get something like battery meter to work? Seems to be a function in one of the ACPI kexts.

BTW: I have OS X installed on a second hard drive in the CD-Rom bay and boot from either of the drives by pressing ESC at the start of POST. In the future I plan to use Parallels Desktop for Vista.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update yet on this topic? I followed Rieetu's post by installing leo4allv2, then graphics update, kalyway update & kernel patch, and rebooted. Everything was working ok, until I kept getting an ATA warning about zero disk write or something.....I've tried reinstalling about 4 times. I've noticed that everything was working fine up until I installed the Wacom driver to fix the pen calibration, because when I restarted, a prompt came up saying the /startup/tablet didn't have right security permissions, so I clicked fix, and then machine proceeded to restart. Then everything got screwed. Help please?. I have a R1E-D1

• 2 months later...

Well I can't get 10.5.6 installed without hitting the ACPI/APIC halt. So I thred the 10.5.2 install (went OK) and then did the Leo Graphics update 1 and I get either a black scree/blue screen/half blue screen.....not sure what to do with this. I would liek to get this machine running.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I success installing iatkos v7 on R1E. I have updated 10.5.8 MacBookPro 4.1.

VGA works perfect with quartz extreme enabled.

LAN working perfect.

Bluetooth works perfect.

Keyboard and finger sensor fails, I need to conect USB mouse and keyboard. A will try iatkos 7 drivers.

WIFI not tested.

Touch screen, I will try with wacom drivers.

AUDIO, no driver installed for test.

Installation process:

Boot iatkos 7 dvd with cpus=1

Format with GUID any partition with mac format.

Select minimum options. I only select SATA and VGA drivers. This is my first try, I selected the minimal options.

When reboot, select boot from hdd in BIOS and don´t enter cpus=1 or any other.

Some times at boot, a little icon like a stop shows in the screen and MAC hangs. Simply power off and restart.

Go to Software Update and install all updates.

Best regards and sorry for my english.

Than.

Hi,

I success installing iatkos v7 on R1E. I have updated 10.5.8 MacBookPro 4.1.

VGA works perfect with quartz extreme enabled.

LAN working perfect.

Bluetooth works perfect.

Keyboard and finger sensor fails, I need to conect USB mouse and keyboard. A will try iatkos 7 drivers.

WIFI not tested.

Touch screen, I will try with wacom drivers.

AUDIO, no driver installed for test.

Installation process:

Boot iatkos 7 dvd with cpus=1

Format with GUID any partition with mac format.

Select minimum options. I only select SATA and VGA drivers. This is my first try, I selected the minimal options.

When reboot, select boot from hdd in BIOS and don´t enter cpus=1 or any other.

Some times at boot, a little icon like a stop shows in the screen and MAC hangs. Simply power off and restart.

Go to Software Update and install all updates.

Best regards and sorry for my english.

Than.

After trying some drivers, keyboard/touchpad works perfect. Sound and touchscreen!! :D:)

• 3 months later...

Sorry to be digging this out again, but I cannot get sound working on my iAtkos v7 install. During installation I selected AzaliaAudio and after that didn't work, I rebooted from the DVD and installed the other drivers as well, but nothing has changed. 

Thanks for any help!