Youtube error on all browsers safari/firefox

Tried

7 posts in this topic

I recently realized that all of the browsers on my mac os have a problem loading videos from youtube and its annoying cause i cant find any conclusive source of error or solution from google. The weird thing is that safari and firefox both on windows work fine yet on the mac its having problems. Everytime it tries to load a video, it displays the following error:

We're sorry, this video is no longer available

Anyone can offer any help please

Well flash didnt occur to me as the problem cause some videos do work, but many dont.

i was scooping around and found on some forums that by adding the lines: &fmt=6 or &fmt=18 some videos might work because this allows you to play the full resolution of the video on youtube. Further reading indicated that youtube might have tweaked their video loading time counter and times out after a very short time. This makes sense as full res videos would logically have a longer time counter.

My reading led me to think that Google web accelerator causes the same problem on pcs. I'm pretty sure there is no such thing installed for safari on mac right?

anyone who knows java can help me out?

I also recalled that i recently installed firefox 3, does anyone know if this has unexpectedly installed some plug in in the internet side of mac os that causes this problem? i have since zapped firefox but the problem still persists.

Anyone please offer any heads up.. before i reformat... sigh

Tried

• 1 month later...

It shouldn't have to do with his connection or his ISP, since they run fine on Windows.

Try clearing Safari's cache- Create a new user account and see if it happens there. Sometimes, there may be an issue with your user account.

• 1 month later...