inspiron 640m AUDIO & GPU HELP!

6 posts in this topic

CPUIntel Core Duo T2300 @ 1.66GHz Memory1024 MB DDR SDRAM (Upgradable to 2GB) - 2 X PC2100 SODIMM Sockets MotherboardIntel 945GM + ICH7-M Display14.1" TFT WXGA+ Display (Resolution 1440x900x16M) Video CardIntel 945GM Hard Drive80 GB Ultra ATA Optical DriveDVD+RW Sound CardIntegrated Intel HDA Audio Controller (Demo Version)

This is the specs!! I new to this forum and i Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 but i cant make the graphic card to work correctly or make the audio work!!! do any of you guys know which drivers i need for these two specs?? thx in advance

I got my Dell Inspiron 640m GMA950 to fully work.

I replace AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext with an older one that i got from this forum and use a modified Natit.kext

both files attached

Graphics_fix.zip

here's the audio fix for sigmatel 8384 7690

Audio_Fix.zip

unzip and drag the sigmatel9200 onto the AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

once the auto execute is finish, REBOOT!

thank you so much i found a new driver that worked for the graphic but i really appreciate the audio fix thanks so much!! you the best would rep you if i could!! I have question though im running 10.5.2 kalyway but when i update it to 10.5.3 kalyway my screen just go black after finish loading the applescreen i know everything is working because i can turn it off and lower/higher the volume but the screen just stays black for some reason i think its the kernel update but not sure. should i just skip the kernel update? or both

• 4 months later...
OMG thank you so much. got my sound working through the headphones but the only problem is is that the speakers do not mute.

kill4kam23, I am having the same issue you had where internal speakers work but headphone jack doesn't. I'm going to try this when I get home.

Just to verify, you used the sigmatel9200.txt with the AppleHDAPatcherv1.20 ?

Also, I'm curious since I got a feeling your install process was similiar to mine. Can your Dell wake up from sleep?

EDIT: Well I just tried this out and it works! I have sound from my headphone jack and internal speakers. I will say, while it doesn't mute, if I have the headphones plugged in and turn the main volume all the way down, the headphones still have sound. So I think maybe this is sorta like mute?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to boot the JaS 10.5.4 DVD on my Inspiron 640m. The DVD boots fine, but at the part where the GUI should normally load (after the grey apple/text (if in -v mode)) the screen goes black. I'm pretty sure the installer has booted, because the DVD drive is active when I press some keys. Anyone have this problem/a solution?

Edit:

I installed the kexts from the Graphics fix.zip posted by pomalink, and now i get video. however everything is very laggy. anyone else have this problem?

Should have done some more research. The lagging welcome movie and fast animations are caused by the CPU timer being messed. This is fixed by using the cpus=1 boot option or a patched kernel (included as part of the Dell laptops post-installer package).

On another note, I've noticed that when my CPU temperature increases to above 81C, the video starts flickering until the temperature drops again. Would this be a hardware issue?

Edited by matthieu/ergosteur